SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger LCP II Owners Check In!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger LCP II Owners Check In! Login/Join 
posted
I bought an LCP II when they first came out in '16, nothing but trouble. Has Ruger ironed out the bugs yet?

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Just picked one up. Only a hundred rounds of Lawman fmj and 25 Hornady Custom XTPs through it. No problems so far but need to put a few more down the pipe before carrying. Surprisingly good trigger and not too unpleasant to shoot.

A question of my own, are the mags supposed to be drop free? Cause mine do not empty or loaded, so maybe I have an issue.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I have had one for approx a year and haven't had any issues. I have approx 800-1000 rounds down range.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IIRC, mine had mags that dropped free. It may not necessarily mean there is a problem.

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have one, haven't really shot it much, but no problems either with function or quality. I had the slide and barrel hard chromed by Mahovsky's Metalife, purchased several extra magazines.

I don't like pocket carry, so mine gets carried in a kydex IWB, I carry 2 extra magazines in a belt pouch. I really like the little pistol, and lately have been carrying it everyday. It is a really fast shooting gun, due to the trigger .

My only complaint is the trigger will sting my finger. I even use Ruger's ARX ammo.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sunset_Va,

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one a couple of years ago ans had intermittent failures to extract. Called Ruger and assured them that as a RSO and instructor I was sure it was not caused by me.
They immediately e-mailed me a shipping label and I had my gun back within two weeks with a new barrel and extractor installed.
Since then I have over 500 rounds fired with the vast majority of them being my handloads.
I carry this little firearm a lot in a Talon wallet holster and especially in places where "I am not allowed to carry a gun".

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Sunset...what holster is that? ie who made it? where can I get it?

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:

Duh, wish I could remember the holster maker's name, but right now I can't. I think he advertised on Ebay, back when the LCP2 first came out. Not a company, just one guy.

I will keep digging my memory. Sorry for the delay. But, it realky is a good holster.

Badger State makes a similar holster, I have some of their holsters, quite good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Badge...lster%2C+lcp+II.TRS0

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sunset_Va,

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I currently have 800-1000 rounds through my example. There were I think 3 stoppages during the third range session, say in 400 round count range. I think was my grip though I was still early in the practice of off hand shooting regularly and this is my off hand gun. I also polished the feed ramp just because I was doing the feed ramp on one of my CZs and the ruger was close by.

Magazine ejection has always been enthusiastic though one must be mindful of getting the palm out of the way on such a short grip.

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently picked one up for pockets a bit too small for my Glock 42. Have run ball, hollowpoints and my reloads to the tune of about 500 rounds with perfect reliability. About as accurate as my 42 as well. I originally was considering a sig 238, but rented the sig and Ruger and found both to give me equal accuracy. Heading fully expected the 238 to shoot better but it was not the case. And for less than half the price hard to beat. If I were to have problems the factory is only a 15 minute drive away. Mine has been a very pleasant surprise

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Isn't the LCP II considered a single-action?

Seems strange to change that from DAO on a pocket pistol with no other safety. I saw that and decided that I'd pass based on that.

No SA gun in my pocket without any sort of external safety, I value my balls more than that. Eek

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On paper, yes it is single action. In usage though it behaves like all of the dingus equipped striker guns on the market.

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Isn't the LCP II considered a single-action?

Seems strange to change that from DAO on a pocket pistol with no other safety. I saw that and decided that I'd pass based on that.

No SA gun in my pocket without any sort of external safety, I value my balls more than that. Eek

One of the reasons I carry my LCP2 in a iwb holster, only time its in my pocket ( in a holster also) is in my pants pocket at night.

To me pocket carry is not the best, try drawing your pistol from your pocket sitting down.

美しい犬

Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:

Next question, what magazine extension is that? Doesn't look like the Ruger extension.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
quote:

Next question, what magazine extension is that? Doesn't look like the Ruger extension.

Gosh, taxing my memory, I ordered it about the time I ordered the holster, gosh only knows where. I reshaped it, as it was much blockier, and added the grip tape. I just don't remember the company.

However, I found a newer design very similar, made by this company, there is a picture in the link with a LCP 2 with one of the mag extensions, very similar to mine.

I am going to order one for myself. I think its a +2?
https://hyvetechnologiesbuilde...m/index.php/gallery/

And the part for the LCP 2 to order.
https://hyvetechnologiesbuilde...or-the-ruger-lcp-ii/

9 shot LCP2. !!!

美しい犬

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
When I can't carry my 4-1/4" 1911, I carry my Ruger LCPII. So far I really like it. Personally I added talon grip "tape" and a green lasermax laser.

It shoots surprisingly well and the only issue I have is you have to press the mag release button to reinsert the mag. Is that normal?

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes the mag release is a little stiff on insertion. Slam it home, if you go slow it will stick.

Got a Hogue handall on mine and ordered extra mags. Polished the ramp and chamber for good measure. Will shoot it next weekend.

Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sg:
Yes the mag release is a little stiff on insertion. Slam it home, if you go slow it will stick.

Got a Hogue handall on mine and ordered extra mags. Polished the ramp and chamber for good measure. Will shoot it next weekend.

For every mag.... When you get it, slam it home a couple dozen times. They'll stop sticking.

Did that with my 3 mags, they all used to stick really badly but they don't anymore.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post