SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Cz82 9x18 price check
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cz82 9x18 price check Login/Join 
Picture of valkyrie1
posted
Found one in excellent condition at a lgs for 250.00, anybody have experience or shot one before?how is it with the Mak rounds?

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
surplus or CZ USA import? Price is good either way but a terrific if CZ import.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
CZ import

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure the CZ import is designated "CZ 83" not 82. They are virtually the same handgun but the Model 82 was Czechoslovakia's official sidearm chambered in 9x18 Makarov. The CZ 83 was offered in 32, 380 and 9x18 Makarov. From what I understand, only the 9x18 Makarov came with a barrel that has polygonal rifling like the Model 82. The other calibers have standard rifling.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I would buy it at that price unless its totally roughshod.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somewhat "off topic" -- but about 10 years back; Centerfire Systems offered the CZ 82's for around $160.00 ea delivered.

These were Czech police? surplus in supposedly excellent condition complete with leather holster, two mags and cleaning rod.

The "catch" was they were being "presold" at this low price. That is, firm orders were being accepted (CC would not be debited before shipping) with the understanding that shipment date was uncertain. The pistols weren't currently in the US.

I held a Curio & Relic License and these were C&R eligible. AIR, this was because the curator of the West Point Museum made a request to the BATF that they be deemed eligible.

I ordered eleven -- one for anyone in the office who could obtain a pistol purchase permit from the County Sheriff.

Anyway -- it took over 12 months before Centerfire Systems finally shipped.

The handguns were exactly as described and I still have the pair I ordered for myself.

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that price is about par. They've been holding pretty steady for about ten years now. I bought one back in 2009 and paid maybe a little less than that.

I love that platform. I actually had three of the 82s, but I sold two off. Now I have the 82, an 83 in .380, and an 83 in .32.

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Fine shooting, dependable Old World quality pistol.
Ambi controls a plus for us lefties.
Price is decent if condition is VG + or better.
I own three 9x18 pistols, and the CZ82 is my favorite.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post