SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 trigger dilemma and Grayguns question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 trigger dilemma and Grayguns question Login/Join 
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted
I recently received my 320 Full Size back from the voluntary trigger upgrade. Unfortunately the trigger is now terrible. It has lots of creep with several rough spots, and it stacks right before it breaks.

Have your upgraded 320 triggers been noticeably better or worse than the original? I have 2 more 320s ready to send in but now I am thinking about holding off as they are much nicer than what I just got back.

I also have an original Grayguns PELT that I have been waiting to send back in for exchange. Has anybody tried their new upgrade-compliant triggers yet? I am curious if their drop-in Competition 320 trigger kit will help the creep issues on my 320 FS since it includes a new sear.

https://grayguns.com/product/g...etition-trigger-kit/

My original PELT also had a reset that was noticeably longer than the stock trigger. Is the Competition trigger kit any better in this regard? I sent Grayguns an email with these questions but I have not heard back yet so I am hoping the forum has some guidance.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
I recently received my 320 Full Size back from the voluntary trigger upgrade. Unfortunately the trigger is now terrible. It has lots of creep with several rough spots, and it stacks right before it breaks.

Have your upgraded 320 triggers been noticeably better or worse than the original? I have 2 more 320s ready to send in but now I am thinking about holding off as they are much nicer than what I just got back.

I also have an original Grayguns PELT that I have been waiting to send back in for exchange. Has anybody tried their new upgrade-compliant triggers yet? I am curious if their drop-in Competition 320 trigger kit will help the creep issues on my 320 FS since it includes a new sear.

https://grayguns.com/product/g...etition-trigger-kit/

My original PELT also had a reset that was noticeably longer than the stock trigger. Is the Competition trigger kit any better in this regard? I sent Grayguns an email with these questions but I have not heard back yet so I am hoping the forum has some guidance.

My upgraded trigger broke cleanly, but the pull weight was horrendous. I just put the new Apex Advanced Curved in it and now it is very nice.

As far as the roughness and creep, have you tried lubing it well and dry firing the shit out of it?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I sent my two P320s in for the upgrade. When they returned, the triggers felt both cleaner and slightly lighter-much better than they did before the upgrade.
Prior to getting them upgraded, I was using the original APEX trigger in both, since their return, I have no plans to alter the triggers in any way.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
I honestly can’t tell the difference between my before and after upgraded compact.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Mine is as good if not better than original, so I'm very happy with the upgrade overall. I haven't measured the pull but it seems a bit lighter and crisper than original. I haven't sensed any rough spots, either. Probably pretty subjective to the user.

There has to be several SIG techs doing the upgrades, some better, some not as talented.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess it's possible you got a sear that was poorly machined, but I dunno.

I'd contact SIG and see what they say first.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I will call Sig and see what they say since most people's triggers seem to have improved.

Any experience with the new Grayguns triggers yet? I'm hoping that would be an easy solution.

quote:
Originally posted by RichN:

My upgraded trigger broke cleanly, but the pull weight was horrendous. I just put the new Apex Advanced Curved in it and now it is very nice.

As far as the roughness and creep, have you tried lubing it well and dry firing the shit out of it?

I did try that. Loads of TW-25B, several hundred dry fires, and a few hundred rounds of live fire.

SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
As far as feel, the trigger on mine feels almost identical as to before the update, but actual measurements show the pull has increased by a little over 1 lb.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've sent a number of them in now; all shot the same when they came back as they did going in. The only noticeable difference was the reset when hand cycling to dry fire; one of mine, an older model with several lightning cuts under the slide, clicks as though reset, but doesn't, until the slide is retracted nearly all the way, and with the trigger held aft, can't be manually reset at all. That doesn't occur when shooting, however, and I don't know why. All function the same, nearly identically, and feel and function as they did before being sent off. I've sent in pistols that were previously used and shot, and some brand new ones that hadn't been shot; I've also shot them with various and even no lubrication, and they shot very well, with zero malfunctions. The triggers are all fine to me. A more discriminating shooter might say differently.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since the upgrade I have no reason to change anything.The trigger is plenty light enough with a good reset.And I like how the new trigger feels.I had The GG pelt curved trigger in before the upgrade really see no reason to put one back in.

Posts: 174 | Registered: December 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I called Sig and asked if they could take a look at it and possibly swap out some parts to improve things. The CS agent said "All P320 triggers are the same, we can't do anything." Indicating he thought there was no such thing as part variance or tolerance stackup.

I reminded him that they have a custom shop where they do in fact improve triggers on Sig guns that are on the rough side from the factory. He agreed to take it in and said they would see if the trigger was "within spec". I asked "what is the spec on trigger creep?" and he of course did not have an answer. At least they agreed to look at it, hopefully it comes back a bit better. Cool

SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com

posted Hide Post
I received all three of mine today and the triggers feel smoother and reset is short and better than before.

Posts: 191 | Location: TX,USA | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post