SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P239 grip question/issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 grip question/issue Login/Join 
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted
I got a new set of Sig grips for one of my P239's today, The left side grip will not go on the pistol- it will not fit under the decock lever. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't really have another grip to compare with, the pistol had CT laser grips on it when I bought it and my other P239 is in another state. There seems to be a reinforcement area directly under the decock cutout on the grip.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I had the same issue when I installed CTC grips on my P239. It wasn't the issue on other SIG pistols as it was with the P239.

If I remember correctly I had to lift the decock lever and wiggle the left side grip panel into position by rotating the panel under the lever rather than sliding it directly up from beneath.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU for the advice, I lifted the decock lever just a hair and the grip popped right on. My 9mm 239 did not have that issue at all when I changed the grips out on it. Hmmm.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post