SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Zev Tech Glock 19 Issues
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zev Tech Glock 19 Issues Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted
I have a few zev glocks.. a 17, 19 and 34. The 17 has always run flawless, and I just finished up putting the 19 together, I'm at the range now and having some issues. The gun is a gen4, and the parts list is:

Gen4 glock 19
stock glock frame
Zev sights
Zev mag release
stock glock barrel
Zev tech dragonfly slide
Stock recoil spring
Zev fulcrum trigger kit
Titanium pins
Stock firing pin
Zev backplate
Zev safety plunger
Factory extractor &a spring
Factory firing pin
Factory striker

When I put a full magazine into the 19 and slingshot the slide, I get a FTF, if I pull the slide back slightly with the muzzle down, the round falls into the chamber and the gun goes into battery and fires, however every round after that has a FTF, and the occasional stovepipe. We were thinking maybe I need a lighter recoil spring because the slide is so much lighter, however with hotter self defense ammo I was still having the issue. We put a comp on the 17 and we're having similar issues until we put +p SD loads in, and that seemed to resolve the issue.

Any ideas?

Here's a few pictures:

The guns in question

FTF after slingshotting a round into the chamber

The next round after pulling the slide back slightly, tipping the muzzle down, and letting the stuck round drop into the chamber letting the gun go into battery

And a stovepipe, pretty common (maybe every 3rd or 4th round fired)

Any help is appreciated... pretty annoying for such expensive gun parts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cmr076,

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have 3 Zev slide builds but all have Zev barrels and run perfectly. The only thing I can think of is something between the factory barrel and slide geometry. Do you have another barrel you can try?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I have 3 Zev slide builds but all have Zev barrels and run perfectly. The only thing I can think of is something between the factory barrel and slide geometry. Do you have another barrel you can try?
Or maybe try the 17 barrel in it?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I didn't see if you mentioned the mags, are they new or old? Need new mag springs?

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
If it’s brand new, I say lube it and keep shooting it.

I’ve had guns run like crap for the first few mags and then suddenly run perfect. I think some just need to wear in.

Happened to me yesterday after work with an M&P actually. Took 50 to 100 rounds and some lube before it settled in and ran perfect.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Or maybe try the 17 barrel in it?

Im pretty sure 19 and 17 barrels aren’t interchangeable due to lugs. I think this was remedied with the Gen 5 but still the case with Gen 4.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Madness. My stock G19s run like tops.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

And doesn't look like a prop from Wanted 2, the sequel, Shooting In Circles. Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:

So does mine... that doesn't help get this gun to run like a top though

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nothing like improving something until it's ruined!

I'm sure Bruce Grey or some other far more experienced person can chime in and totally correct me but in my small level of experience I understand that the shorter barreled the pistol the more critical the spring/slide weight balance is to timing. With a lightened slide you are going to increase slide velocity. Different recoil springs might be a way to balance it..........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
Wow, it appears that spending money on Glocks works in reverse order as to spending money on 1911s. With a 1911, the more you spend, the more reliable it gets. With a Glock, it appears, the more you spend the more malfunctions you get.

Honestly, I've found the only thing a Glock needs is a good pair of sights, a bunch of extra magazines and lots of ammo.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Well I have built 3 Custom 19’s and all of them function perfectly. Better in fact than my last Factory G19 Vickers that spit shells directly at my head. No brass to face with any of my custom builds. Triggers are 100 times better and the guns are more accurate. So not all custom glocks lack in reliability.

posted Hide Post
My zev was built with a 13 lb recoil spring. I called zev and asked what recoil spring to use and they said 13# for the G19. I know the stock glock uses a heavier spring, zev said glock uses the same spring for 9mm and 40 (a one size fits most mentality) but zev recommends 13#.

Posts: 96 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Sheesh, seems like a couple of tools decided to stop by and not offer advice but just insult your gun.

Aaaaaanyways, did you get it squared away yesterday?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see the ETS mag in the picture. My Gen4 G35 has the exact malfunction as your picture with the FTF when I use ETS mags.

Posts: 847 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Sheesh, seems like a couple of tools decided to stop by and not offer advice but just insult your gun.?

they'd cry if they saw what I did to Lamborghini's and Ferrari's all day Razz

quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

Aaaaaanyways, did you get it squared away yesterday?

no, I got annoyed and put the gun away. I'll mess with it this week or next weekend.

I was using factory mags, I don't trust the ETS mags at all.

├┼┼╕
246R

In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Dusty, what's that top G19 (photographed with the rifle)? I like the looks of that one a lot.

Posts: 1728 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akcopnfbks:
Dusty, what's that top G19 (photographed with the rifle)? I like the looks of that one a lot.

It’s a build I just finished.

Gen 3 frame stippled by me
Brownells slide
Agency Arms barrel
Trijicon HD XR Sights
Suarez Tactical straight trigger
Suarez Combat magwell
Suarez Extended mag release
Tango Down extended slide stop
OEM (-) connector
4lb striker spring
Extra power Zev trigger spring

Victory favors
Preparation
posted Hide Post
I had a similar problem. The trigger bar tab that engages the firing pin safety plunger was hanging up on the plunger. The Zev safety plunger is flatter than stock with more pronounced edges. You can bend the trigger bar or reprofle the trigger bar tab that engages the safety plunger or install a different "rounder" plunger safety. This fix cured the problem on my Gen 3 G19. Hope this helps.

P226 X5 L1 9mm
P226r ST 9mm
P229 ST Elite .40 S&W

Posts: 342 | Location: Northwoods of WI | Registered: April 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Better in fact than my last Factory G19 Vickers that spit shells directly at my head.

You obviously didn’t get the memo - that is a FEATURE that trains you to duck, bob, and weave incoming fire. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post