SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking for a handgun safe for suppressed pistol
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a handgun safe for suppressed pistol Login/Join 
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted
I'm looking for a handgun safe that fits a pistol with a suppressor installed. My current P220 w/Silencerco Osprey 45 requires a safe with about 16" to 16.5" inside length. I'd also like it to fit inside the drawer of my bedside nightstand if possible.

So far I have found this SentrySafe XL that has a 14" inside length:

https://www.sentrysafe.com/product/QAP2E

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

That's close but still a bit too short until I can get a smaller pistol can (lengthy NFA wait times). I like that the door opens on top and it will fit in my nightstand drawer. I'm not thrilled about the battery powered buttons but at least it has a manual keyed backup. If I already had a shorter can that fit I'd give it a try.

I have also found this FAS1 safe:

http://products.fas1safe.com/product.sc?productId=16

Looks like it has about a 19" inside length so it will fit my current P220 w/can easily. I also like the simple mechanical keypad. But it's pretty big so it would have to sit on the floor next to the bed. It's also very pricey at $370 by the time the manual lock and shipping are added in.

Any other good options? I'm not trying to thwart a motivated thief, just wanting to keep my pistol out of innocent hands with kids and visiting family members.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't use one for a suppressed pistol, but I really like the FAS1 safes. They are very solid, well built, and the simplex lock is easy to customize the code for. They are on the pricey side, but are built like a tank. You can drill some holes in it to bolt to the bed frame if you want. I like the ease of the lock and how it presents the pistol for the draw.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
Big thumbs up for Fas Safe. I own two of the standard size safes and love them. Order them with the optional carpeted interior.

U

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FAS1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
I'm looking for a handgun safe that fits a pistol with a suppressor installed. My current P220 w/Silencerco Osprey 45 requires a safe with about 16" to 16.5" inside length.

I have also found this FAS1 safe:

http://products.fas1safe.com/product.sc?productId=16

Looks like it has about a 19" inside length so it will fit my current P220 w/can easily. I also like the simple mechanical keypad. But it's pretty big so it would have to sit on the floor next to the bed. It's also very pricey at $370 by the time the manual lock and shipping are added in.

Look on Social Media or sign up to the newsletter for sales, etc. Veterans Day Sale was 20% off. Black Friday is coming up quick Wink

Posts: 55 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: January 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another happy Fas1 safe owner here.

Posts: 710 | Registered: November 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Buy once cry once, especially if you are planning on keeping an NFA weapon next to your bed.

YMMV.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, looks like I haven't missed any other options then.

I have no problem spending the money for the right solution that I will use long term. The issue is that the FAS1 doesn't fit in my nightstand drawer. I want something that is out of sight and out of mind and it would be sitting on the floor next to the bed all the time.

So I would only use the FAS for about 1 year until I could get a shorter can that would fit in a smaller safe that does fit in the nightstand, like the first one I posted. That's why the $370 doesn't seem worth it to me.

SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That makes sense.

Troubles of using a suppressed pistol for HD, I guess.

Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
For the money, how about a long-gun case or something similar?
(Out of sight if you have a bed skirt.)

Maybe even toss a rifle in there too?

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FAS1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
I want something that is out of sight and out of mind and it would be sitting on the floor next to the bed all the time.

I can certainly understand that it might not be the solution for you Brett. The most secure option, with theft in mind, is anchoring to the concrete slab. If that's not as much of a concern you could possibly mount horizontally under your bed so it is out of sight.

While mounting in a drawer is not an option, you can drill these and mount it just about any way as long as the door will swing open and you can access your weapon. Thanks again for your consideration and I just wanted to make sure you knew that they don't have to sit upright.

Posts: 55 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: January 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the additional ideas, I'll certainty keep those in mind.

SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com