SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    France orders more 2022's
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

France orders more 2022's Login/Join 
posted
This gun must have performed well in French service:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...2-for-french-police/

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Many of us here know that the SP2022 is a really good pistol.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
It certainly performs well for me. Nice to see the French doing something right for a change. Big Grin

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Razz So that makes it the, what, 2041? 2042?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
This gun must have performed well in French service:
Either that or the 2 weeks of violent protest from the yellow jackets is not looking good to the French government currently i'm thinking.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Either that or the 2 weeks of violent protest from the yellow jackets is not looking good to the French government currently i'm thinking.

My thinking as well.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
Excellent guns. I wish that SIG would bring the Compact model to the US.

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
Many of us here know that the SP2022 is a really good pistol.

Yup, it's a well kept secret.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Only because there are still too many people who don't have the good sense to check here before buying a SIG.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the SP2022 (and series) is to Sig like the A-10 is to the Airforce. Not glamorous enough but a lot of people love it!

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Augen:
I think the SP2022 (and series) is to Sig like the A-10 is to the Airforce. Not glamorous enough but a lot of people love it!

Yeah, for awhile they were trying to discontinue it but it seems there is enough desire out there to keep it going.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
A 9mm 2009 was my first ever pistol, that I brought here in the States.
A great little pistol, and very accurate.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Are they drop-safe? Big Grin Sorry, just couldn't resist that one.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a deal on one of these in 40SW and it turned out to be a real tack driver. Also, this pistol mechanism drastically reduces felt recoil in the 40SW to the point it seems like a 9mm.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:

fiasconva,
You beat me to it!

Actually, I'd like to get a 2022 in FDE.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
For some reason,my 2022 triple digit,oval plate, has lighter felt recoil than my 226 sse frame.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Lighter slide, polymer frame, different fit, maybe?

Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I've seen quotes for the 2002 contract in the ~250k range. Perhaps they only needed a couple hundred thousand in use at any one time? So after 16+ years they only need a handful for replenishment? Pretty good longevity I'd say. Or this may be purely ceremonial for promotions etc. In either case it doesn't look good for getting gendarmerie marked trade-in stateside.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:

Whew, we got that out of the way.

In a thread about a hammer fired gun. Where saying it makes zero sense.

But, we got it out of the way none the less.

Yep.

Did I mention “whew”?

It seems to be the equvelant of when a cop walks into a place and one hillbilly looks at another, points and says “HE DID IT”. Whew, got that out of the way. Now, that they are free of that peril, they can go back to mixing rocket fuel for NASA.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Are they oven safe?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post