Find
Notify
Tools

Test 625 S&W Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
I'm trying out Flickr as a replacement for Photobucket.

Close-up of Replacement site:

Look Ma, no lock!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rolan_Kraps,

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Imgur is hard to beat. Flickr does weird things with caption and link inserts.

Nice 625. I've got one with a barrel shroud. How does yours shoot?

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Imgur is hard to beat. Flickr does weird things with caption and link inserts.

Nice 625. I've got one with a barrel shroud. How does yours shoot?

It shoots like a dream!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Rolan, I believe you are violating one of the Flickr® rules in those postings. Their guidelines include the following:
quote:
•Link back to Flickr when you post your Flickr content elsewhere.
Flickr makes it possible to post content hosted on Flickr to other web sites. Pages on other web sites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr. This provides a way to get more information about the content and the photographer.

Flickr provides a tool to make it easy to comply with this policy. Each photo page has at the lower right below the photo a "Share" icon (bent white arrow). Clicking on that brings up a panel that permits selecting both a desired size and format. For posting to a forum, select "BBCode" and pick a size. Copy the text displayed and paste it directly into the forum text. The result is your photo at the selected size, with a line under it with your Flickr name, the photo name, and that it was hosted on Flickr. Your name and the photo name are supported links and provide direct ability to access the Flickr page or person.

Flickr does not like for people to violate this rule.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
I went a different route on the replacement sights for my 625 MG, and used WO/RR. It's a significant improvement over the originals.

Also I ditched the S&W finger grove N frame combat grips and replaced them with these Ahrends. Far better feeling grip IMO.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post