SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SCCY CPX-2 Anyone have one? Likes? Dislikes? UPDATE: Got one
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCCY CPX-2 Anyone have one? Likes? Dislikes? UPDATE: Got one Login/Join 
posted
I was thinking about getting a small 9mm to take the place of my S&W 642 that I carry for quick errands. I know that it's a DAO with a 9 lb. trigger, but that is not a concern for me as I shoot a lot of DA revolvers. Reliability would be my main concern, with durability being second(fired only occasionally after a break in period).
I've carried a Ruger LC-9 (the old style w/hammer) in the past and liked it.

https://www.sccy.com/product/cpx-2-tt-9mm/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sgt Neutron,

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just go get a 1st gen S&W shield. You can find them for about 300 bucks or so and it would be a much better gun.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a SCCY CPX-2. It suffered a broken firing pin and the frame pins were coming out. SCCY wanted me to send it in but I convinced them to send me the parts. The new pins were a bear to get in and I don't think they're ever coming out again. It's been reliable since the repair but hasn't been fired much. I do not carry it.

I do not own a Shield but have fired a first gen, a 2.0 and a Performance Center and didn't care for any of them. Just didn't like the feel and couldn't hit a thing with them.

I do own a M&P-9C and no matter how hard I try I cannot like that gun. I've been told that if I get rid of the POS factory trigger that I will like it, but I won't be doing that.

I wouldn't really compare the SCCY with a Shield as one is DAO hammer and the other is SAO striker.

Many like the DAO better for a carry gun but only you can decide that.

The SCCY would probably be fine now that I fixed it but I have other stuff that I like better. My main EDC is a Beretta PX4 Storm Compact Carry and sometimes a Sig P365.

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...060015814#9060015814

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've only looked and held a SCCY, never fired one. I felt very blocky in my hand. Worse than a G19. If you are looking for a sleek little 9mm and aren't opposed to a DOA trigger, have you looked at a Kahr recently?

Posts: 144 | Location: Utah | Registered: September 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or the P250 Subcompact.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
They're not bad guns these days, now that the magazine QC has been addressed. Long DAO trigger, with a hint of stacking starting about mid pull. But never to the level of a 'hitch' or two, like current production factory J-frame triggers often have. I've shot both CPX-1 and CPX-2, each more recent production product. They belong to a friend of the shop who's since become a good buddy of mine. He shoots them lights out. I do okay with them. He's never had any issues with either, and to our shop's end we've yet to have a customer come back with a complaint about their durability or reliability. Not the prettiest but for somewhere around $200, that shouldn't be a surprise.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I almost bought one but it is a large pistol for any kind of carry, at least in the grip. I debated upon it and believe it or not, a Taurus G2C. I wound up getting the Taurus as the price was great and feels much better in the grip. The Kel Tec would be a better option than the SCCY,in my opinion but it is very similar with the trigger. A Shield is a much nicer pistol,although less capacity. What you give up in capacity, you make up for more in trigger pull and follow up shots.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vern:
I've only looked and held a SCCY, never fired one. I felt very blocky in my hand. Worse than a G19. If you are looking for a sleek little 9mm and aren't opposed to a DOA trigger, have you looked at a Kahr recently?

A routine google search reveals a lot to like above the Kahr lineup.

I haven’t been planning to buy any more polymer frame pistols but I may eventually try a Kahr. They are highly thought of on many gun forums.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wolfpacker,

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might consider a Taurus G2C.... nice small pistol

Posts: 186 | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OregonXD:
Might consider a Taurus G2C.... nice small pistol

friends don't let friends buy Taurus semi-auto's

give the G2c a year or so to make sure the bugs have been worked out,
saying that as someone who has sent a couple dozen PT111's back to Taurus for repair (G2c is a newer version) so I may be a bit jaded

like Soggy, I have not had any returns on any SCCY's, sell a bunch, but no returns for repairs,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:
Picked up an SCCY CPX-2 2 days ago. Sportsman's Warehouse had them for $199(SW still gives a 5% Mil. Discount---Cabela's stopped that---thanks BPS). Took it out today. Put 150 rounds through it:
50 rounds MagTech 115gr.
50 rounds S&B 115 gr.
50 rounds handloads 115gr. TMJ True Blue powder Winchester primers

Magtech: Had one failure to fire. Good primer strike. Probably the ammo.
Handloads: Had one round that fed, but slide not fully in battery. When I tilted the pistol to look at it, the slide went into battery, and I continued.
S&B: No problems.

The factory Magtech & S&B shot to point of aim. For some reason my, handloads shot to the right about 2". The DAO trigger takes a little getting used to. Here are the targets from 7 yards:

Magtech 49 rounds (1 misfire due to ammo):

S&B 50 rounds:

Next time out, I'll put another 150 rounds through it, and add some Speer Short Barrel 9mm+P into the mix (20 rounds) to check function.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post