Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 mags Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Mec-Gars work fine, no matter how many rounds. I like 13 rounders for Hi-Powers, but that's just me being a purist (Mec-Gar made Hi-Power mags for a long time...you'll notice most say "Made in Italy"). I still prefer German-made Sig mags for old German-made pistols (again, just me being a purist). Other than that, I'd probably prefer Mec-Gars to just about anything.

Posts: 872 | Registered: October 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by CAR:
I have been using factory 15 round USA made (Checkmate made?) SIG P226 9mm magazines for over 3 years now with no issues.

I expected them to not be reliable due to posts I had read in the forums, but my experience with them has been very positive and I now consider them to be just as good as German or Italian made magazines.

Early Checkmate mags had issues from what I read. But, subsequently, they are just as reliable as Mec-Gar and German mags. My current 229-1 and 226 Checkmates have been flawless, also.

I had problems with an early Checkmate mag but since then they have become just as reliable as anything Mec-Gar does. Besides, Mec-Gar doesn't always get it right themselves. Just ask anyone who owned some of those early P227 14rd magazines that were sourced from Italy on how well those unfortunate things worked.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Checkmate makes good stuff. I've never had a problem with their M14 mags, but I've never tried any of their Sig mags.

Posts: 872 | Registered: October 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I really like the Mec-Gar 18 round magazines through many courses of fire. The factory mags are fine but the 3 additional rounds are good.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post