SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tyler T Grips--anyone order any lately?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tyler T Grips--anyone order any lately? Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
I remember they had some issues a few years back.

I want to get one for my 1969 Model 36 Smith.

Anyone ordered from them recently?

Should I go on the down-low, and get black to go with the blued steel? Or would some bronze make me smile more?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I always preferred the polished aluminum if available.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
"issue" could mean anything from a plugged toilet to a financial crisis. I would ignore this "issue" until you know what the "issue" actually was. A few years back is a Long period. If Tyler mfg have not had been able to solve the issue until today, the product would not been listed anymore and there would be an ongoing shitstorm on the Internet. Neither is Happening.

Yes I orderd from them a few years ago. A trigger shoe for a K38 and a grip Adapter for a S&W Model 19. The trigger shoe is a good product. but not up to date anymore for competetive taget Shooting because the K38 is holessly outdated (too slow) if one wants to compete against nowadays target pistols. The grip Adapter is nice but anachronism. I replaced the Adapter and the factory stock quickl with a set of rubber grips because their over all utilty value was better then factory stocks and adapter.

What material to choose is up to you. Aluninum saves weught, Blue steel gives an even look to the pistol and bronces will get a vintage look in a few years. Bronce is the all in one solution.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I believe they are all made of aluminum, with different color spray finish applied to them, nowadays. In the past they may have been color anodized, the old ones I have are more smoothly and nicely finished than the recent ones.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I want one, but not enough to buy a stamp and send them some damn form.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:

BK Grips makes one as well. I grabbed a couple of black ones.

http://bkgrips.com/?page_id=12...p/5949919/category=0

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 2-3 weeks ago I sent them an email asking about their current status, as I own a number of their trigger shoes and Tyler T-grip adapters. I never got a response back. I would not send any money until I know more about what is going on.

I started using their product back in the 1960s and have no complaints. Since the owner Mr. Tyler died a number of years ago, the business has been hit and miss....mostly miss. I would like to know what the current status is, as I want to purchase 1-2 more trigger shoes.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:

BK Grips makes one as well. I grabbed a couple of black ones.

http://bkgrips.com/?page_id=12...p/5949919/category=0

Just know that the BK grips are plastic and the fit and finish is not the best. They even say this on their website. That the molds sometimes come out with imperfections that don’t affect function so they are sold anyway.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a problem a few years ago with the T-grips. Ordering and customer service was spotty, the company was going under, etc. They've since straightened out and everything should be good.

The T-grips aren't outdated. For those who don't want a bulky grip, the factory grips often provide the least amount of gripping area, but most are placed too far back, and the T-trip fills that gap and also protects the fingers from the back of the trigger guard.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just have to wonder why Tyler Co. hasn't/won't respond to my email inquiry concerning current status??

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I bought one last summer, but not from Tyler. I got if off of Gunbroker, there is a bunch of them listed. I didn't feel like waiting for Tyler.

I prefer the BK because they feel more solid as they have two mounting tabs. No matter how much I tighten the grips I can always feel the Tyler shift slightly and it drives me nuts.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texagun
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago they had some tornado damage that shut things down for a while. I don't know their current status but I would be very careful as they have had some problems communicating with their customers, and deliveries sometime took a L-O-N-G time.

Go with the bright stainless for blued guns. The contrast looks great.

Posts: 333 | Location: North Texas | Registered: March 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A local business here in West Tn carries them pretty frequently. Check Robertson Trading Post on Gunsamerica or Gunbroker.

Posts: 101 | Location: West TN | Registered: January 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post