SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger's new Super Redhawk 10mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger's new Super Redhawk 10mm Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
http://www.ruger.com/products/...specSheets/5524.html

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
There's a couple of things you could rechamber that to that would really scream compared to the wimpy 10mm and it would still be way too big, clunky and ugly. Big Grin

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool, I guess.... Seems like way too much gun for the 10mm.
I am starting to jones for the 10mm SR1911, though.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
10mm Ruger 1911 isa great gun, a lot for the money.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s good to see it has the proper stocks/grips.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moon clips. Seems one could fire 40 out of it too??

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2340085334

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd amdmt gramps
posted Hide Post
I recently got the Ruger SR1911 and am oh so ever pleased with it. Hasn't bobbled yet and is way accurate. Very comfortable to shoot too. Bull barrel, full length steel guide rod, Ti firing pin, ramped barrel makes it well suited to the 10mm round. Love it!

Posts: 2106 | Location: southeast arkansas | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when you say "Accurite" ?

if you set 9) two liter bottles up at the 50 foot line, how many can you hit?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One would assume that at only 50 FT, you could hit 2 L bottles as fast as you could get a sight picture. FWIW, shooting into the bottom of a plastic bottle soft drink with a 357 Sig is loads of fun. You learn to stand much farther back for the second shot.... Big Grin

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Haven't tied the 2-liter sodas yet. I do like hitting the 5 gallon water bottles... or a propane tank. Big Grin

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I love what Ruger has been doing with all of their different offerings lately, but this one I don't understand. A 10mm Redhawk or a GP100 maybe, but why the massive, oversized super-redhawk? I know Ruger likes to overbuild things (and that's honestly one of my favorite things about my Rugers), but a Super-Redhawk in 10mm takes that a bit too far.

Posts: 8543 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I wish I could agree, but I can see wanting a bit more of a margin than a Redhawk (and never mind a GP100) can provide. Putting "Ruger" on a pistol seems to inspire creativity at the reloading bench.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post