SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which full size P320 frame is this?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which full size P320 frame is this? Login/Join 
posted
Please see the pistol on the right. What kind of full size frame is this?

Is this a full size slide on a compact frame?

Posts: 198 | Registered: November 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Carry Frame on a Full Size Slide. Left Gun is a Carry model.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:

Hmm, some said the Carry frame is not long enough and would leave a gap and expose the spring/guide rod.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Correct. Both the M17 (full length slide) and M18 (compact slide) use the same Carry-sized grip module.

quote:
Originally posted by Stupid:
Hmm, some said the Carry frame is not long enough and would leave a gap and expose the spring/guide rod.

Nope. No gap at all. My Full Size slide lives on a Carry frame 24/7.

The extra length and rail slots on the Full Size grip module are totally unnecessary. Even weaponlights or lasers don't need the extra rail space at the front; they fit just fine on Carry/Compact grips.

Same with Full Size slide on a Compact grip. Still no gap, just a slightly shorter grip. Sig even sold this configuration from the factory for a period. It was known as the "P320 Compact FLS". (FLS = full length slide)

However, if you put a Full Size slide on a Subcompact grip module, then a small sliver of the recoil spring is exposed. It still functions fine, though.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Correct. Both the M17 (full size slide) and M18 (compact slide) use the same Carry-sized grip module.

quote:

Nope.

My Full Size slide lives on a Carry frame 24/7.

The extra length and rail slots on the Full Size grip module are totally unnecessary.

My compact slide is the same on my subcompact frame. I cant see any gap. I actually like the look of it, but so far I can't find a good holster for that set up.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
My compact slide is the same on my subcompact frame. I cant see any gap.

Yep.

quote:
I actually like the look of it, but so far I can't find a good holster for that set up.

I don't know of any holsters available for a Compact slide on a small non-railed subcompact grip. But try a medium railed subcompact grip module. With a Compact slide and the medium railed subcompact grip, mine fits perfectly in both kydex and leather Compact/Carry holsters.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Correct. Both the M17 (full length slide) and M18 (compact slide) use the same Carry-sized grip module.

quote:

Nope. No gap at all. My Full Size slide lives on a Carry frame 24/7.

The extra length and rail slots on the Full Size grip module are totally unnecessary. Even weaponlights or lasers don't need the extra rail space at the front; they fit just fine on Carry/Compact grips.

Same with Full Size slide on a Compact grip. Still no gap, just a slightly shorter grip. Sig even sold this configuration from the factory for a period. It was known as the "P320 Compact FLS". (FLS = full length slide)

However, if you put a Full Size slide on a Subcompact grip module, then a small sliver of the recoil spring is exposed. It still functions fine, though.

Thank you so much!

MPN: GRIP-MOD-CA-943-SM-BLK
UPC: 798681550982

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Stupid,

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
My compact slide is the same on my subcompact frame. I cant see any gap.

Yep.

quote:
I actually like the look of it, but so far I can't find a good holster for that set up

I don't know of any holsters available for a Compact slide on a small non-railed subcompact grip. But try a medium railed subcompact grip module. With a Compact slide and the medium railed subcompact grip, mine fits perfectly in both kydex and leather Compact/Carry holsters.

I have a compact slide on a subcompact grip module and both an OWB and IWB CrossBreed holster sized for the P320 subcompact. Fits perfectly.

Posts: 12 | Location: Hilton Head, SC | Registered: January 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post