SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    About this "You Will Buy a Glock" stuff
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

About this "You Will Buy a Glock" stuff Login/Join 
posted
Well.....

I had always been a Sig guy since the late 80's. A couple revolvers, but always Sig pistols. Until early this year I got an S&W Shield .45. Well, that opened my mind more, I got to thinking about Glocks. I have handled Glocks over the years professionally, but never actually properly fondled any. I got my chance while in a LGS.

On Friday I got to compare a G19 Gen 4, G19 Gen 5 and a G30. They were the compacts that I had been looking at for a while along with the P320. I did not like the grip of the G30, too fat and blocky for my hands strike that from my list. The finger grooves on the G19 Gen 4 were also annoying to me. The G19 Gen 5.....comfort, easy pointing, not too heavy and a good trigger.

It followed me home and my wife picked it up, got comfortable with it and claimed it as hers. She loaded it up, shot 45 rounds, handed it to me and "allowed" me to run another 500 or so through it to check reliability. No issues. A little strange not having DA trigger pull, easily overcame though. Very accurate, smooth shooter. A new favorite.

I liked it so much another G19 Gen 5 followed me home on Wednesday. Haven't been able to shoot it yet, but it's mine.... all mine....muahhaahaa. I shall name it Francine. Or not.

Now, if I can just find the decocker.

Posts: 879 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I first joined SF, I was Glockless. No interest.
I now own 4.
After reading what was posted here, I decided that the reliability, durability, and utility of a Glock makes owning one a must.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally - 4 handguns I could never see myself without:

Beretta 92
Browning HP
Glock 19
Ruger GP 100

------------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your new Glocks.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Glocks aren't designed to be sexy guns. And I think that bugs the typical hater more than anything else, even more than the grip angle being 'all wrong' or the grip that 'feels like' dimensional lumber. They don't fit that "centerpiece of a collection" role. They're too plain, too ugly. Instead they are made to be the equivalent of the well-made, well-used hand tool that you reach for every time, because it's as reliable and dependable as humanly possible and just goes about doing the job that a gun is meant to do. Boring stuff in casual and peaceful times, until you happen to find yourself in a dire situation, when SHTF is the least of your worries. No fuss, no muss...that in essence is the design intent of the Glock pistol.

Congrats on your new G19s.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The gen 4 beavertails ruined the hating of the grip. With a large beaver tail on the 26 through 34, it works well. They work well. I still prefer a sweet mechanical in feel DA/SA but I doubt Glock will ever make that trigger system.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never been a Glock fan, but I have had at least one in my possession since at least 1990. When I could only afford one defensive gun, it was a G19. I currently own two Glocks, a 21SF and a 30S. I probably have a 19 and a 26 somewhere in my house, but my wife took possession of them years ago so I don't really know (but ammo comes up missing from time to time.) I know my Glock will go bang when asked to do so and hit what I am pointing at. That's all I need. The rest are just wants (and I gotta lotta wants.)

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Glocktober my local shop has a fire sale of all Glock models this month every year. They sell for like $20 over cost and move hundreds of units every October. They have victimized me the last few years the prices have been so good

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The closest I have to a Glock is my Ruger LC9S Pro. Darned thing has the nicest trigger of any striker fired pistol I have ever handled and fit's in my pants pocket easily. So, still no Glock but who knows I do find the Glock 41 strangely appealing. However I do not think I'll be able to pocket carry a Glock 41.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I went without a Glock for 15 years. Then the Gen 4s came out. I now have 17 Glocks and for some reason keep looking at the 17L.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Big Dang mistake on your part, Big Grin go shoot a g42 next, you will own two very shortly after Wink combine them with a taren tactical + 2. The most awesome carry gun ever. I have no more sigs all glocks now.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they do a gen 5 Glock 34 I might be interested. They are ugly, but my 320 Tacops is no beauty queen either.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far, so good. Mrs. Phydough and I are still happy with our new G19s. Even with some 1500 rounds through the two of them, the review I can give them is; They go bang every time and shoot where pointed. I can't gush over them, they do as they are expected to. Like a hammer, a tool worth using. I do like how I got two guns for the price of a P22X Legion though.

Now, where is that darn decocker lever.
Dear Glock, Please install decocker levers so we Sig fans can use our training after each string of fire.

Posts: 879 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm like everyone else, I never liked Glock and I went as far as never touching one, then one day I went out with a few friends with Glocks, I tried a Gen 4 G19 Big Grin , and now I got three 19's a 42 and a 35.

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2192 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
I went without a Glock for 15 years. Then the Gen 4s came out. I now have 17 Glocks and for some reason keep looking at the 17L.

dc, email inbound.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
What I keep hearing about Glocks is that they go bang every time and they hit what you aim at. Well alright, that's a good thing. I have a P229 and a P239 that do the same thing. Around 5,000 rounds between the two and never a problem of any kind. Also, my two Sigs do not feel like a hunk of lumber in my hand and while not the best looking guns in the world they are not ugly. Nope, no Glocks for me.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started off with a bunch is sigs and no glocks. I wouldn’t have ever considered buying a glock over a sig until I shot a glock 19. Now I have 6 glocks and one sig I’m considering selling. I don’t care if they feel “like a block of lumber” in my hands while in sitting on the couch. When actually shooting in a training environment I don’t notice at all. The only thing I notice is how much better I shoot a g19 over a sig p228.

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Lightning is about to strike the sacrilegious!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I kept trying to say something nice about glock, but after 24 hours, I'm still at a loss.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No one cares.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post