SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 equinox 9mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 equinox 9mm Login/Join 
posted
I had purchased a Equinox in 9mm a few years back. Does anyone have any info on it? Most of the ones I see are 40. Considering selling in the future just wondering about the value.

Posts: 3 | Registered: September 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone has got to have some info, any help would be much appreciated.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
You should be able to get an accurate estimate by searching the sold items on a few gun auction websites.

As far as being considered rare, that would rely more upon what one considers 'rare' to mean. (prototypes, unknown production runs, etc...)

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
I had one many years ago. It had PME in the model number, and folks joked that it meant “Poor Man’s Equinox.” The model I had did not include wood grips, but I bought some from Sig and made the model complete. If I recall, it also did not have the TFO front sight.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Supposedly there were some different runs for the 9mm. Some have the modern slide with the long extractor and some are original production run of the P226 Equinox 9mm with the legacy slide and short extractor (are a bit harder to find). So I guess there could be a price difference between those two variations.

Posts: 991 | Location: Carrollton, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GHB1995:
Someone has got to have some info, any help would be much appreciated.

I copied this right out of Blue Book of gun values
P226 Equinox
9mm Para. (new 2015) or .40 S&W cal., DA/SA, 4.4 in. barrel, two-tone Nitron stainless steel slide, lightweight black anodized alloy frame, nickel accents, 12 shot mag., TruGlo TFO front sight, rear Siglite night sight, Picatinny rail, grey laminated wood grips, 34 oz., mfg. by the Custom Shop. Mfg. 2006-2012, reintroduced 2015 only.

Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
$1,095 $935 $825 $700 $600 $500 $400

Posts: 1600 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GHB1995:
I had purchased a Equinox in 9mm a few years back. Does anyone have any info on it? Most of the ones I see are 40. Considering selling in the future just wondering about the value.

I expect the 9mm would be more "desirable" than the .40/.357sig at this point. I would start with what you paid for it and the condition it was in when you bought it, new/used, pristine/wear etc.

You can, however, expect to get no more than what you paid, probably less if you bought it new. Even if you bought it used, probably less in the current market.

I don't think the Equinox version comes at much, if any, premium over a standard version even though it is suppose to come from the "Custom" shop at SIG. It's more what appeals to someone. Some people like reverse two tone for example, others don't and would not pay more for it. Some prefer stainless and would pay for it, others don't care.

The Equinox never appealed to me particularly, not enough to pay more for it and there is nothing besides aesthetics that sets it apart, IMO.

That's not to say its not a nice gun, just, IMO, not going to fetch a premium.

Guns generally hold their value pretty well, but when reselling, everyone is looking for a deal and unless it has gained a "cult" following, it's not going to appreciate in value most of the time, IMO.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
I had one many years ago. It had PME in the model number, and folks joked that it meant “Poor Man’s Equinox.” The model I had did not include wood grips, but I bought some from Sig and made the model complete. If I recall, it also did not have the TFO front sight.

SIG has had a tendency, over time to "part guns out". They will have a "special" model, then later, will use parts they have left over to make up guns that are not quite the same, just to use parts. This really annoys me, but they have done it ever since I got into buying SIGs.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for everyone’s help. I apologize for not being able to navigate and search this forum that well just joined it. I got it around 2015 and it has the long extractor, also with the wood grips but ended up switching them out for that grey g10 with sig logo although I still have the original grips.

posted Hide Post
I love the equinox 9mm "unintended variants" myself- I've owned 3. My current is a LNIB P229 equinox elite 9mm that I will likely never sell. Just looks too damn good. I'd love to have the P226 version as well.

Posts: 93 | Location: Gulf Coast, FL | Registered: September 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no premium on an equinox. take a quick look at 226 sales and there you go. The extra grips is a bit to add.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I have always liked the Equinox look

Both of mine are in 357SIG.

I can not recall paying much more than the plain Jane counterparts

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post