SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1911 daily carry holster (poll) question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 daily carry holster (poll) question Login/Join 
posted
for those of you who choose to carry the 1911 model hand gun

Question:
does you e.d.c. holster for your 1911 have the index finger accessible to the trigger when the gun is in the holster ?

Choices:
sure
no
nobody carries a 1911 for e.d.c.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
are you asking if the trigger is exposed?

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You seem to be posing the question: Can you place your trigger finger on the trigger when the gun is holstered?

I hope that's not what you're asking, but it reads that way.

Posts: 41 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: August 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Editor, I think that is the question he is posing. Some old holsters were made that way.

Posts: 141 | Registered: June 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
The only conceal carry holster I have for my 1911 is a Galco Royal Guard IWB Horsehide. It covers the trigger.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12765 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a custom made holster from the old days. It has a covered trigger and a strap thing over the cocked hammer.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
NO! Not with a 1911. I have a Milt Sparks 55BN for when I carry OWB.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I daily carried the 1911, it was in the old Bianchi Askins Avenger rig. Great holster and still being made by some custom guys. Ryan Grizzles Working Man holster is a great example.
Trigger was covered and should be.
Disclaimer:
From time to time I did carry the 1911 in the El Paso Tom Three Persons rig. A "sheath" type holster with exposed trigger. But when using this holster I carried hammer down, empty chamber and loaded mag.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16062 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I use a RC Phantom & a Wilson Combat Lo Pro holsters for 1911 carry. Neither leave the trigger exposed.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I carry a 1911 compact and the trigger is covered when in the holster.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will not buy any holster with an exposed trigger. I currently use a Milt Sparks summer special two, and a Kelly Gunleather C-Flex with a thumb brake.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I use an OWB leather paddle type (cannot remember who made it) for my Commander,

works well,
and covers the trigger

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I carry my Colt 1911s in a Milt Sparks VM2 holster. No exposed trigger.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
are you asking if the trigger is exposed?

trigger and trigger guard
I've seen only a half dozen people carrying the 1911, and only one of them had the trigger guard
open and accessible.

I saw one advertised in a magazine , thats why I asked here.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post