SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Upper Questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Upper Questions Login/Join 
posted
I've got both the traditional double action/decocker version and the SOA versions of the P220. I can exchange the uppers between the two and they seem to function. However, I've never fired them in those configurations. So that is question #1: can the uppers be safely exchanged and fired?

I also have a P220 Carry. It's upper seems to function on the full size pistols. Question #2: can the Carry upper be safely exchanged and fired on either of the full size P220s (TDA/Decocker and SAO versions)?

Finally, have you noticed that the Carry slide is slightly wider than the full size? For the full size holster that I own, the Carry will not fit.

Posts: 430 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at the number of dots on the top of the locking block. While the carry may function ok on a full size P220 & a full size slide may function ok on a carry frame. Accuracy may suffer if the locking blocks are different. Notice I said "may".

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4264 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I can tell you that the upper half from a SAO 220 Match works just dandy on the lower half from a traditional SA/DA 220 Match, and I'll be danged if I can tell the difference between a Match and a standard lower half.

FWIW, I was also told that the locking block has to match the upper half. Then again, all of the recent locking blocks I've seen have two rows of five dots each.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the replies. Checking mine, all have two rows of five dots/dimples on the locking block. I can't see any differences between the Carry frame and the full size frames. Dimensions look the same and all the visible parts look the same. Of course the exceptions are the frame mounted thumb safety on the SAO and decocker on the other.

Interesting. So maybe these different uppers Fullsize/Carry are fully interchangable on frames that are either SAO or DA/SA? That would be really kind of neat.

I will call Sig next week and see what they say. If anyone else has more to add, I'd love to hear it.

Posts: 430 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the 10mm 220'sdont seem to fit the 45 slides. I have notice they are extremely to tight.

but 45 slides on a 45 frame should be fine. I believe all current 45 frames use the same locking block

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Checking mine, all have two rows of five dots/dimples on the locking block.

Then you are good to go on swapping

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4264 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terrific. Thanks guys.