SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anybody change up their nightstand gun recently?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody change up their nightstand gun recently? Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Only thing I've changed is that I mount my light- a TLR-1 HL, when I am at home.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Yes. With the impending martial law, I got the AT4 out of the safe... Big Grin

Be sure to check the backblast area. Oh, and the looks you would get at the range while practicing with the trainer model.....

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
G19 and the Mossberg 12 ga...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Airedale at the front door that is a very light sleeper and a 9mm Glock with optic at bedside. Dog will alert so plenty of time to get out of bed and grab a Mini-14 if it comes to that. Dog's growl broadcasts that "this is the wrong house."

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1532 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nope, I live everyday the same. But if I was expecting trouble, I would add a suppressed AR-15 to the G19 on hand.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Sort of. The "stand" gun is a 226. Beside and below is the BCM ar pistol. (12.5") To keep it tidy, I had only a Sig Romeo 5 (on a Geiselle mount.) After shooting it, I realized a little weight wouldn't kill it so I took the WML off my 16" BCM and swapped the 2MOA Sig for the 4 MOA Aimpoint Comp M4 to give me a bigger dot on the shorter gun.

Now the heavier, 16" rifle is my daytime gun with the 2moa dotted Sig on it. (I have BUIS on both.)

Neither are unwieldy and both are good until I can afford a T2 or a LPV.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although my 365 goes to the nightstand when my pants come off... the Glock 32 with TLR-7 is in the nightstand safe all the time with 2 spare mags....just in case

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Nope. M11A-1 sits there every night. 226 took temp duty a few years back while M11 was at SIG for AEP and SSP.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No change for me Smile

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My safe is just a few steps from my bed in our master closet so I have options available to me of something goes bump. I would grab a 10 inch AR15 before I'd grab any of my pistols though.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Nothing changed up here. The ol' P220 still sits in the night stand safe with two full 8 round reloads and a surefire 9P LED. Sometimes I think perhaps I should place my 870 Marine Magnum under my side of the bed.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Springfield Armory MC Operator in nightstand, and CZ SP01 in living room.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Yep, last night I traded out my S&W 3953 for a Glock 19 with factory night sights. The Glock holds a lot more rounds.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I did. I went from a Gen 5 G19 with 17 round mag to a Gen 5 G34 with 33 round magazine. I live in a very, very rural area and deputies are likely 30-40 minutes away in most cases. I have 2 more 17 round mags and other stuff in a go-bag nearby. The G34 is loaded with HST +P 124-grain 9mm.

The only downside is my G34 is an MOS and I have Dawson FOs on it. Ameriglo Bolds with tritium would be better, and I'll probably change those out soon.

I've staged a Beretta M9A3 in a hidden spot near the front door. This is a new pistol and it's the size of Noah's Ark, but I just couldn't be happier with it.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went from Glock 20 to Remington 870 Marine Magnum TAC-14

"Once a Marine, always a Marine"

Posts: 19 | Registered: January 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Nope, staying with old reliable Glock 30-S with Streamlite TLR7A,
and 4 extra mags.

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. Still have the 229 in 357Sig in the nightstand with a SuperNova Tactical under the bed. If they start rioting in the streets I will think about replacing the shotgun with one of the Mini-14's or AR's. Note: I live in a small town about two minutes from the PD. If I lived out on the farm a rifle would be primary.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
My dedicated nightstand gun for the last few years has been a Sig P320FS with night sights.

Recently I upgraded a couple of other guns to night sights, including my XDs45, M&P40 and M&P45. So, any of those might find themselves being used for night stand/truck gun duty. All truck guns come in at night when I get home.

I am still toying with the idea of upgrading a couple of other guns to night sights as well. Specifically, a Walther PPS (V1.0), and an M&P40C.

Though some of the ones above are clearly designed as carry guns, they all see some action as a night stand. In the latter case, they are usually not alone.

In addition, a 12ga Rem TAC-14 and an AR of some variant or other is also within reach.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing new for me. 226, 20 round mag with a Surefire X300. My 365 is often near by since I bought it it’s became my primary carry.

I live alone in an extremely low crime area, the safe isn’t far away however.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Ain't nothing wrong with my 870 Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post