SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glocks vs. Sig P320: Life Altering Moment? w/ Questions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glocks vs. Sig P320: Life Altering Moment? w/ Questions Login/Join 
posted
So I've been a "Glock" guy since my G17 purchase when turning 21. Have most of the 9mm Glock family now (17,19,26,43). Always enjoyed the reliability of the the platform. I will say I've never been super happy with the grip profile on any of them though, but kind of dealt with it being what it is. And once I started collecting related holsters, mags etc. it was very hard to deviate from the family...

Went to the range with a friend who is somewhat new to guns. She is looking at buying a P320 on a recommendation from her brother for home protection. I recommended trying out the Glocks that I have and renting the P320 and shooting multiple models and several range visits before purchasing any pistol. Also brought my Ruger Mark IV .22 with a red-dot for confidence building. The range didn't have a standard P320, so we went ahead and rented a P320 X-Carry. She loved it immediately, and more so than the other P320 she had shot previously (not sure of the sub-model). She also shot better with it than any of my Glocks (but not better than the MK IV of course). Naturally, I decided I had to try it too... I may have ruined myself on Glocks! Grip felt incredible, smooth recoil, and the trigger was butter. Oh, and my very first mag out of it grouped better than any of the 300 rounds worth I fired from my Glocks. All this from a fairly beat-up and dirty rental. It must have shown on my face, because as soon as we were done she asked me if I was going to go buy one before she did!

So yeah, I'm probably going to get one, just not sure if I'll beat her to it. Just want to get general feedback and a couple questions answered if possible. Did some internet searching/reading, but the multiple sub-models of the P320 has me scratching my head...

Specifically on the Sig P320 X-Carry:

Sportsman Warehouse has it (Black Model) on sale for $619, w/ 3-Mags, & $50 Sig Store Credit promo.

Is this price somewhat normal, or an "actual deal"?

Is the cut-out on the slide only capable of accepting the Sig Romeo-1 RDS?

Will any replacement grip module work?

Thanks,
Reverend Mark

Posts: 11 | Registered: January 26, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
That's a spendy 3rd magazine. A local shop currently is running a sale on the FDE version at around $560ish. Same SIG store rebate applies, mainly because ALL new P320 purchases get that offer.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, not a deal then. Guess I will make the 3-hour lgs tour this weekend. There are worse things I guess Smile

Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
In answer to you grip module query, yes nearly any grip module will work assuming you have the proper length magazine to go with it.

If you have a carry size pistol, you will want to stick with the carry length so the rail will not extend beyond the slide, if you do have a full size module, the rail can be easily cut down to fit a carry.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Much better price than I just paid for mine, admittedly at a Bass Pro. Well worth it though.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
The 320 X-Carry I had cost me $730, so that price is better than I paid.

The cut out on the X-Carry I had was only for the Romeo1.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Hey Mark,

I recently brought a P320 X Carry and I like it! I shoot it better than my Glocks and IMO the grip module is a huge improvement over the std P320. There is a new P320 X Compact coming that will accept the newer Romeo/Delta Pro sights and I'll probably end up picking up one of those also, but it doesn't have the target crown of the X Carry.

I'm really liking the straight trigger too. I think it's a decent price for the the trigger alone, compared to a P320 Compact/Carry.

Joe

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the answers and feedback, much appreciated!

Good to hear from you too Joe. (Tried to get her to shoot the APC9, but she was intimidated).

Going to take her shooting again this weekend. We'll rent it and run 200-300 rounds through it and make the decision. I'm guessing one of us will pick it up this weekend if we can find one locally at a decent price. She is excited about the RDS option now too, wish there were more options but the Romeo 1 seems good.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm taking my P320F .45 ACP to the range today.

I shot well with this pistol right out of the gate. I put an Inforce APL on it. It's my HD pistol.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your range trip!

Now I want to try the .45 version. I don't think they have one to rent at my range though.

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I've ditched all my glocks in favor of P320's. After years of shooting Glocks, I picked up P320's I've never shot before and shot them better than the Glocks I've owned for years.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4519 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just called the range, they don't have the .45 for rent. They do have a standard and compact P320 though. I'm going to rent those to try along with the X-Carry.

I'm happy I'm not an outlier and these truly do have great shootability, if that's an acceptable description.

posted Hide Post
I'll not speak on the two models as I just got my Glock Koolaid tank refilled.

One note on p320 grip/frames you may need to file the grip where the slide stop goes in as I have a subcompact module that hangs up on the slide stop lip. Not a huge issue by any stretch but something to be aware of.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I've been a Sig enthusiast for a long time. My agency decided to go with Glock 23's a few years ago. It took me about 5000 rounds to get used to the trigger and to be as accurate as any Sig pistol I own.
I recently bought a Sig P320-M17. Right out of the box, this pistol was way over the Glocks I own (G19 & G23) or use (G22). My wife even shot it and said it was way better than her pistol, but larger.
Still a Sig enthusiast!

-odin

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
You’ve fired 300 rounds through your GLOCK’s and are ready to ditch them?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used the Glock in various models, mostly 9 mm but several in 40 S&W and 45 ACP, for nearly 30 years. Hated the grip(trigger finger always rubbed against the trigger guard), could adapt to the grip angle, and loved the reliability. But I always loved the Sig Classic series-they just felt great in my hand! Always just wanted a Sig grip on a Glock upper!

Thank you Sig for the P320! Sold most of the Glocks to get the 320 FS and Compact in 9mm, and the SC conversion, and the 45 ACP in FS. Now trying to decide between the FS or Compact in 40S&W(no Glock in 40) or a 320C in 45 ACP(have the G30 in 45 for winter carry)
Decisions!

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
You’ve fired 300 rounds through your GLOCK’s and are ready to ditch them?

In that one range trip he fired 300 rounds.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
300 rounds fired that day. Probably 30-40K lifetime rounds between the 4 pistols. The 17 probably has 20K by itself, with two barrels in rotation.

CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I know a lot of people swear by their Glocks (and for good reason), but I'm really not a fan. Like others have said, there are many more brands that are just easier to pick up and shoot well. I've found that to be the case with the P320, the S&W M&P, and the HK VP9. The best part of being a gun owner right now is the fact that there are so many great options out there to choose from. I've recently gone back to hammer fired guns, but if I were to buy another striker fired pistol, it'd probably be either the HK or the P320.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is indeed a great time of choices! That VP9 feels really good in the hand to me as well. Might have to add it to the rental list.