SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 with 357 Sig and 40 S&W Barrels
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 with 357 Sig and 40 S&W Barrels Login/Join 
Picture of Ranger41
posted
My P226 came in 357 Sig and I acquired the OEM 40 S&W barrel for it. My question is - am I going to experience unusual wear by routinely shooting with either barrel? Or should I pick one and stick with it?

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 955 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never saw any unusual wear when I had 357, 40 and a Barsto 9 for my 226.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I had a CPO 226 with .357 SIG and .40 barrels.

I mainly fired it with the .357 SIG barrel and the majority of wear showed there. Whenever I happened to install the .40 barrel, there were no issues.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
There might - theoretically - be enough variance from specifications between the two barrels to induce some odd wear. I wouldn't worry about it, though, since both barrels should be built to exactly the same external specifications.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have .40 S&W and 357 SIG barrels for my two P229s and I have not seen any evidence of unusual wear switching between them. But I shoot a lot more .40 S&W than 357 SIG.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shoot both calibers out of my 226 and haven't noticed any difference in wear.

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
+1
quote:
Originally posted by JG:
I never saw any unusual wear when I had 357, 40 and a Barsto 9 for my 226.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The .40/.357 combo is one of those perfect matches that apart from slightly different wear patterns, I doubt you’ll ever be able to tell the difference. And those differences are likely to be centered on the barrels. I really wish the .357Sig had taken off as well as the .40 did. I think it is the better of the two rounds for a lot of reasons.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. I will continue to use both barrels without worry.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 955 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post