SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Picatinny Rail
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Picatinny Rail Login/Join 
Picture of MWG
posted
Anyone have any issues with the first gen grip frames having a tight picatinny rail? I couldn't get the X300 off, had to disassemble it to get it off.

Tried it on my partners new (?) generation frame, with protected slide release, and it fit much smoother.

I tried a little bit of grease, but it's still pretty tight.

Any recommendations beyond getting a newer generation frame?

Thanks!

Posts: 212 | Registered: February 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sandpaper?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
On my first 1st Generation P320c grip module my INSIGHT M6X went on easily but it was very difficult to remove. I lightly sanded the sharp edges of the rail which remedied the issue. It depends on where the bind is. You might have to lightly bevel one of the lugs of the rail if your device attaches with a cross bar as does the INSIGHT.

On my second 1st Generation P320c grip module, I experienced no such issue. I attributed it to P320 growing pains.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MWG
posted Hide Post
Well....looks like some light sanding is in order!

Thanks!

Picture of MWG
posted Hide Post
Just in case anyone is having similar issues...some light sanding on the rails and bottom lugs, voila like it was made for it!

Just test fit with the rails on the light only, not the locking lug...save you from having to disassemble the light