SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Omaha Outdoors CZ P10C review, questions reliability
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Omaha Outdoors CZ P10C review, questions reliability Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
FYI. Omaha Outdoors new video on CZ P10C and it questions the reliability. They experienced the striker rotating while firing and locking up the pistol which is a really bad thing to happen. I liked shooting the P10C other than the reach to the trigger was too short for me.

If you are considering a CZ P10C you mighty want to watch this video.

I am posting a link because when I tried posting the video it was so big I could not edit my own post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...d3I&feature=youtu.be

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Here you go.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Here you go.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W1jZiqTad3I?rel=0" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Thanks! Did you copy the embedded code from another source than I did or did you manually edit or...?

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that's funny how much problems Omaha outdoors have with their test guns......

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toto:
that's funny how much problems Omaha outdoors have with their test guns......
After outting the P320, they have plenty of street cred... or maybe they make it all up. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Did it fail before of after the "fill the internals with epoxy and see if it will still fire" torture test? Roll Eyes

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I dunno...their claims of P-10C unreliability would carry more credibility if they had tested an unmolested factory gun rather than a refinished example. Who really knows if that gun was put back together correctly?

After watching that review I went through YT and looked for other video postings regarding problems with the P-10C. So far I haven't seen anyone else complaining about a rotating striker causing the gun to fail to into battery, though I did find another video about the rear slide cover plate not staying in place, slipping down and causing the slide to catch on the sear and keeping that gun from going into battery.

There was another reviewer (more like an average Joe) on YT who cited that his P-10C after close to 5000 rounds did have corrosion problems with the steel internals within the frame. Which maybe jibes with the insinuations in the Omaha review where they claim after a water test the trigger was dead the next day. There are a couple of other YT video postings that also cited dead trigger problems, so maybe the Omaha claims are not just limited to a sample of one. But I still think that their review would carry more weight had it not been done with an altered gun, even if the alterations were supposedly limited to finish work.

If anything, at worst it seems as if P-10C 1.0 may have some teething issues to address. Which I suppose shouldn't be surprising for any new gun design from a company that has limited experience and a prior spotty record with making a striker pistol.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have around 4000 rds through my P-10c with not the slightest problem.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
For as few CZ P10Cs as there are out there I sure have been reading about more than a few owners having various problems with them including they can't get them back together after a simple field strip. Eek

The issue in the video is concerning because it has been reported by more than a few that it is easy to turn the striker assembly in the P10C while the slide is locked back and one owner said he turned his just a little to the left and his P10C locked up like in the video. Supposedly others have experienced what the video shows also. Not sure why CZ designed it like that and hope they look hard at resolving such.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Here are a few reviews of the P-10 C :

CZ P-10 C Torture Test: Will it Survive??

Torture Test of the CZ P10C 9mm

There has been two issues on a small percentage of P-10C pistols. The slide stop/ release spring coming out of place, which has been fixed on current production guns. And the slide end cover/ plate which if not assembled and snapped into place correctly from the factory, it can slide down in its slot and lock the pistol up. Make sure the slide end cover is pushed all the way up and locked in place, and you should have no problem with it. I tried for a 1/2 hr trying to rotate *my* striker assembly out of its pocket in the slide end cover, and get mine to lock up with no such luck. Below are also some Glock Gen 5 reviews, just so you know *no* pistol is perfect. And I own a Gen5 G19 and will probably keep it unless they come out with a 5.5 version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TDTnt6QSK4&t=625s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LpsI1CZrjA&t=224s

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Here you go.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W1jZiqTad3I?rel=0" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Thanks! Did you copy the embedded code from another source than I did or did you manually edit or...?

I used the embed code provided by YouTube. You may need to alter your settings or something to get the embed code at smaller resolution.

soggy_spinout, thank you for posting a TL;DW summary of P10C YouTube videos. I tried one out yesterday. It shot nicely, but I am concerned about its long-term durability and reliability.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
I dunno...their claims of P-10C unreliability would carry more credibility if they had tested an unmolested factory gun rather than a refinished example. Who really knows if that gun was put back together correctly?

After watching that review I went through YT and looked for other video postings regarding problems with the P-10C. So far I haven't seen anyone else complaining about a rotating striker causing the gun to fail to into battery, though I did find another video about the rear slide cover plate not staying in place, slipping down and causing the slide to catch on the sear and keeping that gun from going into battery.

There was another reviewer (more like an average Joe) on YT who cited that his P-10C after close to 5000 rounds did have corrosion problems with the steel internals within the frame. Which maybe jibes with the insinuations in the Omaha review where they claim after a water test the trigger was dead the next day. There are a couple of other YT video postings that also cited dead trigger problems, so maybe the Omaha claims are not just limited to a sample of one. But I still think that their review would carry more weight had it not been done with an altered gun, even if the alterations were supposedly limited to finish work.

If anything, at worst it seems as if P-10C 1.0 may have some teething issues to address. Which I suppose shouldn't be surprising for any new gun design from a company that has limited experience and a prior spotty record with making a striker pistol.

I agree, I didn't realize the pistol was refinished, as sometimes aftermarket finishes like Cerakote, etc. can cause fitment issues in pistols. Also like you said, I think it would have been better if they would have used an unmolested pistol, as you don't know how many people dicked with it.

posted Hide Post
Glad to see I'm not the only one that's skeptical of Omaha Outdoors. Maybe they're legit, maybe not.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Glad to see I'm not the only one that's skeptical of Omaha Outdoors. Maybe they're legit, maybe not.

I am a little skeptical of them also, but just a little. You know, you can take *any* pistol and watch good and bad youtube vid reviews on them. You will never find a pistol that is totally perfect for you, let alone for everyone else. As I have said earlier, so far my P-10c has been perfect through 4,000rds. I hope it will continue to run that way for me and if any issues about it arise, I will post them here. The same goes for my Gen5 G19 and new S&W M&P compact pistols.

Picture of Crob59
posted Hide Post
Since I live in Omaha I would like to clarify Omaha Outdoors is headquartered in Texas and has nothing to do with Omaha Nebraska.

It just bugs me.

The older I get, the dumber everyone else gets!

Posts: 10 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: April 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. This exact issue happened to me when at the range and the RO, who's a friend, had just bought the CZ P10c. Literally right out of the box it did this, we figured it just needed a little break in but was kind of surprising. After a couple mags it seemed to stop doing this. It was also one that had an incredibly stiff mag release. Good shooter but will see if this becomes a bigger issue as more of these hit the market.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a guy over on AR15.com who has broken a piece off his locking block. I haven't visited the thread since he was trying to contact CZ. I don't think he had a huge number of rounds through it.

Posts: 65 | Location: NC | Registered: September 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crob59:
Since I live in Omaha I would like to clarify Omaha Outdoors is headquartered in Texas and has nothing to do with Omaha Nebraska.

It just bugs me.

Don't worry. We have Paris, too. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
And Athens.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Palestine. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post