SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Omaha Outdoors CZ P10C review, questions reliability
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Omaha Outdoors CZ P10C review, questions reliability Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Problems with the P10C breaking ejector also. In comments section others have had the same problem.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Don't forget Palestine. Big Grin

Hmph. Need to stay on course, in keeping with the spirit of the forum.

Gun Barrel City.

We can only hope that CZ's P-10C is at least free of issues with it's barrel...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Cut and Shoot Texas. Smile

All the towns around here have boring names.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Problems with the P10C breaking ejector also. In comments section others have had the same problem.

In the comments for that video, only one reply (comment) stated having had an ejector break.
That person blamed it on tight tolerances between the mag and ejector combined with slamming the mag in.

In a CZ related forum, it seems that there are those who like to 'auto load' the first round when changing mags.
Some have claimed that is a feature of the pistol to which I disagree.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What is ‘auto load’?

Isn’t that the whole point of....autoloaders?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
What is ‘auto load’?

Isn’t that the whole point of....autoloaders?

I believe he is referring to slamming the mag in hard enough to cause the slide to go into battery. Thus loading the first round of the fresh mag w/o racking the slide or pressing the slide release.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ahhh that makes sense. I find that is pretty common if I load a mag with a gun on an angle.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
For as few CZ P10Cs as there are out there I sure have been reading about more than a few owners having various problems with them including they can't get them back together after a simple field strip. Eek

The issue in the video is concerning because it has been reported by more than a few that it is easy to turn the striker assembly in the P10C while the slide is locked back and one owner said he turned his just a little to the left and his P10C locked up like in the video. Supposedly others have experienced what the video shows also. Not sure why CZ designed it like that and hope they look hard at resolving such.

You dont have a big enough sample to draw any conclusions. Some P10C’s are having issues, like my second one. My first is rock solid. Even so, you wo7ld need the total made, versus issues, discounting thise who mess with them and any other variables. I have had Glocks fail, Sigs fail, etc but I don’t have enough info to make a call. Nor does Omaha Outdoors.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
quote:
For as few CZ P10Cs as there are out there I sure have been reading about more than a few owners having various problems with them including they can't get them back together after a simple field strip. Eek

The issue in the video is concerning because it has been reported by more than a few that it is easy to turn the striker assembly in the P10C while the slide is locked back and one owner said he turned his just a little to the left and his P10C locked up like in the video. Supposedly others have experienced what the video shows also. Not sure why CZ designed it like that and hope they look hard at resolving such.

You dont have a big enough sample to draw any conclusions. Some P10C’s are having issues, like my second one. My first is rock solid. Even so, you wo7ld need the total made, versus issues, discounting thise who mess with them and any other variables. I have had Glocks fail, Sigs fail, etc but I don’t have enough info to make a call. Nor does Omaha Outdoors.

I have read plenty enough to form my own conclusions as do others and discuss in a firearm forum. No one is going to get all the information you are talking about but that certainly does not mean problems can not be discussed and opinions formed.

posted Hide Post
I have one of the first batch of production P-10C's. It's been fine. The slide release was a little stiff as was the mag release when I first got it in June, but they are both fine now.

Joe

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Side bar: we had a lengthy discussion about CZ pistols with our rep, primarily in regards to their all too lack of availability here in the U.S., specifically with factory dealers like our shop is.

The crib notes version is that demand for CZ pistols OUTSIDE of the USA has spiked up tremendously as a result of the election while sales here following the once-glorious Defeat of Hillary have of course softened, just like for the rest of the gun industry. CZ supposedly is now getting more money per pistol selling outside of our market even though dealer and distributor demand for their handguns is still high with CZ-USA.

But the parent company CZ-'Czech Republic' is currently in another one of those "we'll get to you when we get to you" modes with regards to our civilian market, especially when it comes to their steel frame models. So that's something to consider if you're serious about picking up that particular 75B, 97 or Shadow currently in front of you at the LGS. Also according to our rep, CZ-CR is definitely in a 'profit-first' mentality, as they have already discontinued some relatively new models like the Shadow Blue, citing escalating manufacturing expenses and unanticipated lengthy build times (i.e., they screwed the pooch and underpriced the damn gun) and overwhelming demand, even though CZ has only shipped about 60 to 65 of the guns to the US market (he did admit that nearly another 3000 are due to enter into the U.S. market just from existing dealer and distributor preorders, of which a couple of those include what we had ordered earlier in the year).

Just hopefully useful tidbits that I'm passing along for those of you wanting to buy a CZ pistol now or in the near future. Use them as you will.

We just ordered another handful of P-10Cs and were told to expect it to be six to eight MONTHS for delivery. We're now looking at distributors as alternative sources to satisfy immediate demand, and contemplating the implications of RAISING prices in these relative down times if we have to go that route. This at a time when Glock has recently LOWERED distribution pricing for a number of their Gen4 pistols...like the G19, the P-10C's direct competitor.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the insight soggy. Not to surprised that many of the manufactures are more focused on the military or LE market.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:
Thanks for the insight soggy. Not to surprised that many of the manufactures are more focused on the military or LE market.

That's part of it, but it's also that the U.S. still has a bit of a hard time being taken seriously by the parent company. That may not be the best way to put it, it just comes down to us being small potatoes. U.S. sales (of any sort) are something like a quarter or less of CZ's overall sales, they do most of their business in other parts of the world. We're very tight with CZ-USA and they are really trying to improve the market here, but it's not always as fast as everybody would like. Though it's getting better every year.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another CZ P-10c vid review after 2000 rds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf2mLil6Y8Y

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI, I heard CZ is working on a new striker sleeve that will keep the striker from rotating and eliminate the issue that *some* P-10C pistols have had with it causing a malfunction.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
quote:

I have read plenty enough to form my own conclusions as do others and discuss in a firearm forum. No one is going to get all the information you are talking about but that certainly does not mean problems can not be discussed and opinions formed.

True but it is an oponion only, based only on minimal evidence. We can all make opinions, assumptions, but actual facts, data, to prove a point, you dont have.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is fine, so far. From today, bullseye practice.

Joe

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Target indicates that P10c is a keeper. What ammo was used?

Any measurement of trigger? Mac

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post