SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P239 357 Sig Barrel Ordered -- You All Better Be Right
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 357 Sig Barrel Ordered -- You All Better Be Right Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
If this barrel and cartridge does not shoot down the incoming ICBM from NK I am going to post a rant in the "What's Your Deal?" forum.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
You will enjoy it. I have .357 barrels for my 226,229,2202 and just got one for my 239 this week.

.357 Sig very quickly became my favorite after I shot it for the first time.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
If anything it is "fun" to shoot..

It's like a hotter 9MM +P.. Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It'll take care of anything rocketman throws at you.
You can use your .40 mags.

You can't use the 357 mags with .40 though. The front of the 357 mags are tapered

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
If it's anything like the one I put in my P229 6 years ago you will not be disappointed.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Make sure you start an exercise and weight lifting program before you take it out to shoot it.

All jokes aside, it is a fun round to shoot, esp in a 239, do it at dusk to see it belch fire!

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
If this barrel and cartridge does not shoot down the incoming ICBM from NK I am going to post a rant in the "What's Your Deal?" forum.

I fear you've conflated the .357 Sig with the 10mm Big Grin

More seriously...

I think I'm going to have to get to the range with my P239 SAS and that P229S, and shoot 'em both in kind of a half-ass A:B comparison. Different pistols and different triggers, yes, but I should be able to get some feel for how the two rounds "feel," impulse-wise, I think.

I know that, even in that P229S, heavy as it is and with the compensator, that .357 Sig round felt pretty snappy.

Not that there's anything wrong with that... Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I have official 357 magazines. I hope if the round is not able to shoot down icbm it will at least allow me to point in the general direction of a target and hit the bullseye at 25 yards.

-------

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One does not shoot down an ICBM with an ICBM.

Just know that when facing an opponent, you hold in your hand the ability to penetrate car windshields and erase planets.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Sig said they had shipped my new barrel. I am still waiting. It has been at least one day. Shouldn't a 357 Sig barrel move through the shipping process faster? I mean, it is not a 9mm barrel. 1200 fps at least. Maybe tomorrow.

I will have five 7-round magazines for this extraordinary firearm soon. 5 x 7 = 35. The MIRV has only a few warheads. I think we will be OK.

-------

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shouldn't a 357 Sig barrel move through the shipping process faster?

So fast it passed Virginia, has to slow down and turn around - it will be back. Caution: It will be hot so be careful handling it.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
The barrel made it to Virginia. I finally installed it after watching YouTube videos by tnoutdoors9 all about the cartridge. I did open up my tgs special magazines and popped the Speer GD rounds in them. Hand cycling the three magazines I had numerous ftf. I think I may have short cycled the slide. One day soon I will be able to muster the courage to fire one of these rounds.

-------

Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
.357 Sig may slowly becoming the new firearms 'hipster' round.

"Hi, I carry 9mm all the time! What do you carry?"
"Eh, you've probably never heard of it..."

Posts: 799 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Check for bullet setback before firing.

Is it getting stuck on the feedramp?

Try some regular FMJ ammo. Maybe it's the GD bullet shape.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hand cycling the three magazines I had numerous ftf.

I've never done this with any auto-loading pistol, ever. Not certain what is the point? (Other than to generate self-imposed angst?) On a new-to-me auto-loader I'll load one. Then maybe two or three, then maybe function-test each mag with five rounds of so. Then it's on to full mag tests, after which I give it no further thought.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Also when you hand cycle are you letting the slide fly home or are you riding it?

Not minority enough!

Picture of 7mm Mauser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Check for bullet setback before firing.

Is it getting stuck on the feedramp?

Try some regular FMJ ammo. Maybe it's the GD bullet shape.

I reload the 357 Sig. The cartridge has such a short neck that precise/adequate sizing is important to achieve maximum case/bullet purchase. I help the process by loading with AA#9. It fills the cartridge with powder that approaches a compressed load and provides a firm base for the projectile. Rounds function well and produce typical 357 Sig accuracy in my 226, G32, G22, and G27 accessory barrels. With Glocks you really need to purchase their 357 Sig mags for reliable functioning.

7mm

Port Orchard, WA

Posts: 170 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7mm Mauser:
With Glocks you really need to purchase their 357 Sig mags for reliable functioning.

Did they change something, then? Because two of the six mags I have for my G22 are labelled for 357 Sig and they appear to be identical in all respects to the four labelled for 40 S&W.

posted Hide Post
"Function testing" by hand cycling rounds is in the same category as masturbation. While it may be fun, it doesn't really tell you anything about the equipment.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P239 SAS in 357 Sig and just love it. I was wondering if anyone has choreographed their P239 in 357 Sig? I always wondered how much velocity is lost with the shorter 3.6" barrel compared to longer barrels.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post