SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Revolvers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Revolvers Login/Join 
posted
I'm pretty certain the revolver preceded the pistol, but I have never seen or heard of a Sig revolver. Given that Sig is an older company, I'm wondering did they ever make revolvers?

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Swiss service revolvers were assembled by Waffenfabrik Bern. However, SIG tended to produced a lot of components for WF Bern, so they likely contributed to the production of at least some of the Swiss revolvers.

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
J.P. Sauer and Sohn made revolvers for a while. They made a .357 and a .44 that I know of. I was able to find a .44 magnum for $100. Very well built and the bluing was like a mirror (the same bluing can be seen on the Browning BDA).

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigLEE:
Swiss service revolvers were assembled by Waffenfabrik Bern. However, SIG tended to produced a lot of components for WF Bern, so they likely contributed to the production of at least some of the Swiss revolvers.

They did.

Most of the Swiss M1882 Ordnance Revolvers were produced by Waffenfabrik Bern, including all the military contract M1882s. However, several hundred commercial M1882s were produced by SIG.

Those produced by SIG were marked "Waffenfabrik Neuhausen" or "Fabrique d’armes Neuhausen".

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
J.P. Sauer also did single actions. Sold under the name "Hawes". Good gun if you can find one.
My first real pistol!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I have a Sig Western Revolver in 357 Magnum. I'll try to get a pic when I can.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
I have a Sig Western Revolver in 357 Magnum.

That'd be one of the Hawes/Hy Hunter single-action cowboy revolvers made by J.P. Sauer & Sohn in the 60s and early 70s, as mentioned above by YooperSigs.

So it's a Sauer, but not a SIG.

J.P. Sauer & Sohn of Eckernförde, Germany later joined with Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft (SIG) of Neuhausen, Switzerland in the mid-1970s, forming SIG Sauer.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Whew!! That was a close one. I love and collect Sigs. So for a second there, I thought I was going to have to buy a shitload of revolvers! Smile

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Nope, just a civilian Neuhausen. Now if I could just figure out where to get one without going through that expensive flake out in Colorado...

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
I have a Sig Western Revolver in 357 Magnum.

That'd be one of the Hawes/Hy Hunter single-action cowboy revolvers made by J.P. Sauer & Sohn in the 60s and early 70s, as mentioned above by YooperSigs.

So it's a Sauer, but not a SIG.

J.P. Sauer & Sohn of Eckernförde, Germany later joined with Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft (SIG) of Neuhausen, Switzerland in the mid-1970s, forming SIG Sauer.

Right. I stand corrected.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post

what's cool is that the sideplate is hinged and swings open to access the internals.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
Whew!! That was a close one. I love and collect Sigs. So for a second there, I thought I was going to have to buy a shitload of revolvers! Smile

^^ Exactly.

I wonder how many of us looked on GB to see what was out there?

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. I knew I would find a wealth of knowledge here on this forum

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I would actually be really interested to see what SIG could potentially do in a modern revolver design.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post