SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X-Carry vs G19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X-Carry vs G19 Login/Join 
posted
I have been looking hard at the new 320XCA-9-BXR3 x-carry model of the 320. (Make sure your looking at the x-carry and not the carry or nitron or v-tac or any of the other numerous 320 models for this conversation). The x-carry seems to check off a lot of boxes for me and looks like a well put together product with its features. Problem for me is I am heavily invested into some G19s. Two and a half G19’s complete with trijicon RMR’s, stippling jobs, tool steel firing pins, holsters, umpteen number of mags, etc.

The G19 and x-carry are almost identical in every way with capacity, length, width, weight, height etc. The X-carry is more $$ but once you upgrade the crappy glock sights to something similar to what the x-carry has the price difference is closer together. If the x-carry came out first I would not have the G19 but at this point I really don’t “want” to get into another holster, and magazine platform. But every time I go to the LGS I have to pick up the x-carry and admire it (that’s if you can find one). Some LGS don’t even know what it is.

So those of you guys that have one I am jealous. Because for now I am stuck with my boring G19’s while a part of me is still a P226 guy when it comes to Sig’s.

Posts: 96 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I own an X-Carry and have owned Gen 2, Gen 3 and Gen 4 Glock 19s. The X-Carry out shined all of them (and it out shined the Glock 45 for me).

Some might think I'm nuts but the P320 series have replaced all of my Glocks. My Glocks were reliable as hell but I never shot them as well as the P320 series guns. They were combat accurate but when I'm shooting 8 rings at 10 yards with Glocks I've owned for years, then pick up a P320 I've never fired before and every round is in the 10 ring, it made me take notice.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Usually "boring" is a good thing. Meaning that each and every boolit goes through the same darn hole each and every time. I'm not sure how that's a bad thing, or justifies wanderlust. But everyone is different, I suppose...

Entirely something else if you're dissatisfied with what you can do (shooting-wise) with the G19, as opposed to what you can do TO your G19s, but then again I'm not much of a ricer either.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
I own both 19s and X Carrys. The X carry is a great pistol, but there are a few things I don't like about it. The rear sight plate and sight being one unit. The slide cutout, while it probably wouldn't be an issue, for me and a duty pistol, I error on the side of caution. Everything else about it, I like and shoot them very well.

Sig I releasing a Pro model of the X carry, which solves both my personal issues, it will have a separate rear sight and RDS plate, and no slide cutout.

With all that, the G45 has everything I want in a duty pistol, with zero issues.

I can shoot and carry both equally well. For the me the G45 wins out, only because the Pro series isn't out yet. Once it comes out it will be a much closer race.

If you want and X carry, get one, you won't be disappointed. Don't be disappointed in your G19 either though. They are fantastic weapons and do exactly what they were designed to do.

Keep your 19, and save up and get the X carry.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The G19 and the P320 are entirely different pistols, save for size.

I have a shelf of G19's, and I like them. I've also got a handful of P320's. On a couple of them, I've installed the x-carry frame. It's very comfortable to shoot.

I really like the P320 in its various forms. I don't have the factory x-carry with all the bells and whistles and mine dont' have the extra mag well and weight, or the optic on the slide. Adding the frame is mostly a cosmetic/ergonomic difference, and over the compact that was on there, it's 2 extra rounds. It does make a difference, however.

In my opinion, the P320 is an outstanding design. I don't think I'll likely ever give up on the Glocks, but there's a lot to like about the P320, and I find I'm using the P320 for the steel shoots these days, and enjoying it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I don't know why a lot of people of an issue with the rear plate/rear sight are one piece on the X Carry.

It is because it was designed for the Romeo 1 and there is a rear sight groove built into the unit.

That way, it can be used as a back up or a visual aid. Also, it won't take up more real estate on the slide by having another dovetail for the rear sight.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
People have issue with it because you can’t change the rear sight to something different. Someone might want a blacked out u notch rear but they can’t mount one. Your only real option is a Romeo. Personally I’m happy with the rear sight and have no desire to mount a Romeo.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Seems really simple. Keep your G19s and supporting hardware and buy an X-carry. I've spent too many years swapping platforms when the FOTM bug hit me. Don't make that mistake! There is nothing saying that you can't have both.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
I’m in the process of buying an X-Carry and the only thing stopping me is the slide plate. I really wish the Pro model was already available but alas, it is not. I may just note the bullet and go with the X and call it a day. It’s a little bigger than the G23 I carry but their shouldn’t be much harder to conceal.

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

Matt Graham, Graham Combat
Discussing what if scenarios regarding cover/crowding

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Posts: 2873 | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I had been shooting and carrying Glocks for several years when I traded into an X carry. The first time I shot it, I was more accurate and faster than with my beloved Glocks. I now have 6 320s. I've put a x Compact frame on my Xcarry and installed a Romeo 1. I still have my Glocks, but they are relegated to car duty.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just remember, you are probably giving up some important features with that upcoming “pro model” including the barrel pre-tension. I also haven’t seen any reference to the target crown being retained on the new model. The redesign looks to be as much for manufacturing expediency as anything else.

Posts: 49 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post