SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 vs. P320 sub-compact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 vs. P320 sub-compact Login/Join 
posted
My sister is looking for a new purse gun. Initially she was going for a Shield, but now is deciding between the 365 and the 320 sub-compact. I have a 320 Carry but I'm not familiar with the handling of the sub-compact model.

What is the forum opinion and preference between the 365 and the 320 sub-compact?

Thanks.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I used to carry a 320sc. It is a good, accurate pistol, but I wanted a true sub-compact pistol and I picked up a 290rs. I didn't like how the 290 fit my hand.

When the 365 came out I was very interested. After finding one to hold, I was sold. It can hold as many rounds as the 320sc, is lighter and more compact making it easier to conceal.

Mine was made mid Feb, has not given me any problems in 900 rounds and it is now my everyday carry pistol. For me, it is as accurate as my 320sc. The 365 has a little more felt recoil than the 320sc but not as much as I was expecting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10-7 leo,

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The P320sc even with its 'small' grip module might be to much for the average woman to comfortably grasp. I found no significant difference in accuracy between the P320c and the P320sc at 'combat' distances, both 9mm. I can't recall if anyone has done a loaded weight comparison between the two.

While the P365 has a narrower grip, it seems to work well for many shooters with larger hands. The P365 being physically more compact would also fit off body/purse carry more readily. Either platform is an excellent choice. I have just over 600rds through my P365 w/o any issues that some report.

Find a shop with both and let her decide...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of these sub compact mouse sized 9MM's. And the gun you carry is far better than the gun you left at home. But NO gun fits every one. I'd try and shoot the 4 usual suspects ... the XDs, the G43, the Shield, and the Sig 365. Then simply pick the one that fits/feels/shoots best in your hands.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think accuracy is an issue with either one. I have both, several copies. The P320SC has been fully reliable, no concerns. It's about the size of a G26, a pistol I'd have more confidence in, but I've had no trouble at all with the P320.

I own several P365's, and am focusing on one to shoot for a time to see how it works out. I won't carry it, but have been shooting it.

I think the P365 is a brilliant design and is impressively compact. Whether it will hold up and be reliable continues to remain to be seen, but thus far I have had no problems.

Personally, if I were to recommend a smaller pistol, I'd recommend the G43, or a G26.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Interesting response guppy. I often seek the smallest "logical" choice every day. Are you just not comfortable with the long term reliability (proven) of the 365?

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I decided to get a used 320sc instead of a 365.

reasons--
1. cheaper I bought a used like new 320 for 390 and 5 extra mags for 80. the 365 and extra mags would have been alot more.
2. I have a 320 carry so there is mag interchangability.
3. Better track record with the 320.

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
Interesting response guppy. I often seek the smallest "logical" choice every day. Are you just not comfortable with the long term reliability (proven) of the 365?

The long term reliability of the P365 has not been proven, and in fact quite the contrary.

I own several.

I carry something else.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cant personally vouch for the long term reliability of the 365 and dont like that it can fail without any signs previous. I sold mine and am currently waiting for them to fix it. I didnt have issues and havent seen issues but theres too many reports for me. Of the two I'd go 320SC.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I had both. Stil have my P320SC and carry it a lot. I do like the capacity and how it fits. It’s been nothing but reliable and very accurate for me. It’s bigger than several other competitors in the same flavor, but I hide it well. I also like how I can carry a spare 15/17 round mag on my side along with several 21’s in my truck.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post