SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Those that switched from Glock to P320
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Those that switched from Glock to P320 Login/Join 
Picture of dc54
posted
In the last couple of years I've invested heavily in the Glock platform. I had a P320 when they first came out and I was underwhelmed by the trigger. I traded it for another Glock! With the P320 XCarry on the horizon, I'm once again considering another P320. For those of you that have made the switch, what are the benefits that you see in that platform over the Glock.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I can't find any way to convert a P320 to .38 Super. Confused

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once I found small grip modules I was sold. I like the triggers on both Glock and the 320. I prefer the non bladed sig style though if I had to make a choice. I tend to swap out trigger parts in my Glock while I have stayed factory in my Sig.

For me the biggest improvement is the chassis. I really like the SubCompact option. It is like having a 26 and a 19 with one gun.

Do I think one is superior to the other? Not really, but if I was starting from scratch I would go the 320 route. I think the chassis/grip module system is genius. That being said I like the simplicity of the chassis on the Beretta APX to the plethora of little parts that make up the 320. But...... I prefer not to drive out a pin to remove the chassis which you have to do in the APX.

Lots of choices. Most of them really good choices.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Glock causes me injury during prolonged sessions due to a malformed joint. The P320 doesn't and I can shoot it VERY well. I have the compact and sub-compact configurations. I do look forward to the prices of magazines dropping in a few years though. Perhaps a TacOps in the near future.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trying to warm up to the 320. Hasn't happened yet.

With 20+ years of Glock ownership it may be a long road. We'll see.

--------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
For those of you that have made the switch, what are the benefits that you see in that platform over the Glock.

I have tried both for a good period of time (actually carrying everyday). The P320C/SC for 6+ months and the G19 for over 18 months.

The P320C is more modular and ambidextrous than the G19.

The P320C is also heavier (1.7 oz) and longer, wider, and taller than the G19.

I find the G19 easier to carry than the P320C and just as good a shooter.

Add in the aftermarket parts availability, much cheaper magazines, and it's a no brainier for me personally. Glock 19.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have two P320s. I like them both. But they will not replace my Glocks.

Mag prices for one, as has been said I'm tired of being charged $40 - $60 for mags by Sig, HK, etc. when glock mags can be had for $25 or less, and Magpul versions for $15.

And as stated above the P320 compact is heavier, wider, taller than the G19. Parts can be had anywhere for the glock, they feed anything, and they just always work. I have nothing against the 320, I enjoy shooting it, but it won't make my Glock a safe queen.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
The only benefit I can think of is the 320 is more forgiving of improper grip making it for me anyways easier to shoot more accurately and not the the left like the Glock but that could be overcome with more range time. That and if your into stippling grips if you don't like it for about $40 you can get a new grip module vs the price of a Glock frame.

The ability to convert anywhere from sub compact the full size is nice but at the cost of the X change kits you are almost looking at the price of a new gun.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I had one and sold it, I like my glocks better the 320 just sits to high for me.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had allot of time and $ invested in Glock, plus it's my issued duty weapon. Biggest complaint for Glock is slide bite, next it naturally points high for me. Other than that, no complaint with Glocks. The reason I switched to the P320; better grip angle, better trigger, better grip options, more reliable drop free magazines, I don't ride the new slide lock, better follow up shots/splits and no slide bite. Also, I have a FS IDPA 9mm, USPSA major and CCW platform with one serial #. I did wait for sales and special offers but I have three guns for a really decent price.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have several P320 in the "family," but I am going away from them. Even Mr. Gray's work on P320C9 that I used for well over a year in IDPA has a 4.8 pound-force trigger. Put Mr. Gray's excellent trigger in my back-up P320C9 and still had a 4.8 lb-f trigger (in the back up). Conclusion: can not have what I consider a desirable trigger in P320. I even spent a lot to attend SIG's class on P320. Conclusion: a lot of small parts and small springs - plenty to go wrong and little opportunity to improve function (unlike Glock and M&P).

P320 is great for many tasks, but I have concluded not for competition.

And then I felt a new S&W M&P M2.0 4.25 in 9mm. Points better than P320C9 and replacing the sear gets trigger to just below 4.5 lb-f with spring replacement offering at last a competition trigger. A pair of M2.0 and magazines and sears costs far less than worked on P320C9, its back-up, and its magazines! . . .and even the factory M2.0 barrel provides excellent accuracy.

Glock: use G34 Gen4 MOS where red=dots may be used as well as an M&P (old model) 9L Pro CORE 5" with new insides in Bullseye. P320 is pioneer, but may well have been surplanted for competition.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somebody else mentioned this. If you like stippled frames but don't like to potentially butcher a gun, the grip modules are like manna from heaven. Screw it up, write a check for 33 dollars and it's back to factory.

I stippled a SC and a Compact. That Compact now is my go to gun. It had some bobbles in the first hundred rounds but has been perfect for the last thousand. Plus it fits my hand like a glove. It came with night sights, I added an XC1. (Read some bad reviews but I risked it anyway).

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The P320 definitely has advantages for the newly DITY frame stippler and the 'lego' swap frame / slide / barrels types (although the exchange kit prices make it hard to not just buy another handgun instead of a kit).

I enjoyed carrying my P320C 9MM slide with SC medium frame (railed). Until I figure out that it's the same size as a G19, which offers my hand a full grip, 3 more rounds, and a higher grip on the pistol.

Overall, it has potential and longevity with the DOD handgun contract. It's just big in ways I don't like, but if it works for you, rock on.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a G19 and a P320. The Sigs modular frame definitely has some advantages and it's finish seems much better than the one Glocks have now. It's grip feels really nice too but it's not enough to make me prefer it over the Glock. So far, no one has been able to meet or surpass the overall size to weight and capacity that the G19 offers and I still seem to shoot it better. So many people dislike the Glock grip angle but I've come to believe that for me, it contributes to what makes the Glock so accurate and easy to shoot.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
" For those of you that have made the switch, what are the benefits that you see in that platform over the Glock."

For me it gets down to accuracy and comfort.
I have been unable to train into suitable groups with any Glock platform/caliber.

Even my early 320 compact 9 I came to dislike the trigger.

The current 320Rx 9 full size works very well for my range needs of accuracy and comfort.

I have decided to focus on models I can and do shoot adequately, not the ones that resist my efforts to do such.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I switched from the 19 to the 320. I have an APEX trigger in mine. I like how I can switch sizes depending on what I wear.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once I got Small frames for my compact and carry I was sold. They are very very accurate

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The advantage seen of being able to change the entire grip of a P320 falls apart when grips do not exist. Took six months to be able to buy - at full retail - a small for P320F9RX.

The PPQ-M2 comes with three sizes; the M&P M2.0 comes with four sizes of grips.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
First off let me say I have been a Glock shooter for over 20 years. I have carried them on and off duty, as an LE and they have worked just fine for me. The Glock does a lot of things well.

In 2015 I was invited to a test shooting of the 320. I went there solely because our agency at the time was considering dept issues weapons, and I was in charge of gather info. I truthfully had no interest in what appeared to be an updated 250.

I shot every size and caliber 320 Sig had to offer. After the second magazine, I realized there was something to this gun. It was very easy to shoot well and the factory trigger was one of the best striker triggers I have used.

I have spent the better part of 20 years shooting Glock and becoming very efficient with them. After two mags I was shooting the 320 every bit as good as I could my glocks.

I have always preferred a more conventional pistol design, low bore axis guns are fine, but it doesn't make enough of a difference with me to be measurable.

Two years later here in 2017, and I have completely moved over to the 320. I own an early 2015 320 carry, and a recent 2017 Compact model. It can do everything my Glocks can, but I am more accurate and efficient with my 320's now after two years of training with them. I find it more comfortable, and easier to score hits at speed. Even against my heavily modified Glocks. Everyone is different, and what works for me doesn't work for others.

Im not here to declare the 320 the be all end all to pistols, but they have been 100% reliable, durable and are extremely accurate in my hands. The modularity aspect of them isn't a big deal to me. It does allow for much easier cleaning though.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I would probably give the Edge, ever so slight, to the 320 over my gen 3 g19. I think my Gen 4 G19 is slightly better than 320.

That being said, the 19 doesn't really fit me. My pinkie wants to go over the end and my middle finger sometimes ends up on top of the hump of the finger grooves. I'm still a better shooter with the 19.

The 320 is comfortable but difficult for me to get set right to point naturally. I had to concentrate to keep the front sight where I wanted it side to side. The glock just points where I want it with a lot less effort. I suppose the grip module change help but there were none available.

All this being said, the 320 is perfectly fine. If I could shoot it better I would have switched. If I were a police officer and I was forced to carry a 320 as a duty pistol I would be perfectly fine with it. It's not that big of a difference.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post