SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Old Colt 1911
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Colt 1911 Login/Join 
posted
Was at my buddy’s gun shop today and he got this in as a consignment. 1917 Colt. Almost no finish left whatsoever but in real decent shape. Original mag w/ the two tone and the lanyard ring. Out of my price range but, I figured a Colt 1911 fan would appreciate it.
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Nice. What is the asking price?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I have a terrible soft spot for the old wide spur hammers. I can recall the days of abundance of surplus military parts. All the small parts could be found in piles at a good Gun Show. Not so much any more. An original wide spur GI hammer in fine condition can bring near $150.00.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$3104. Very specific number, right? My buddy says the guy knows what he has. I don’t think he will get that in this area unless a very specific collector walks in and then I’m sure the collector will want to talk him down some.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a bit high based on what I've seen at collectors booths at various gun shows, especially since the finish is gone. But good luck to him. Pre-A1 1911's are less common than the A1's so maybe he'll get his price - or at least negotiate down to how much he really wants.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Sweet they were built to last!

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested to see what that pistol sells for because I have one of the same vintage in slightly better condition.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
I'd be interested to see what that pistol sells for because I have one of the same vintage in slightly better condition.

As do I - bought it less than 2 months ago for half that price. Unless there’s some unique paperwork/proof of ownership he’s way overpriced.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:

As do I - bought it less than 2 months ago for half that price. Unless there’s some unique paperwork/proof of ownership he’s way overpriced.

That's about what I paid for mine, three or four years ago.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post