SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Old Colt 1911

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Colt 1911 Login/Join 
posted
Was at my buddy’s gun shop today and he got this in as a consignment. 1917 Colt. Almost no finish left whatsoever but in real decent shape. Original mag w/ the two tone and the lanyard ring. Out of my price range but, I figured a Colt 1911 fan would appreciate it.
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 3032 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Nice. What is the asking price?

“How do you know I’m mad?” said Alice.
“You must be,” said the Cat, “or you wouldn’t have come here.”

Posts: 41816 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I have a terrible soft spot for the old wide spur hammers. I can recall the days of abundance of surplus military parts. All the small parts could be found in piles at a good Gun Show. Not so much any more. An original wide spur GI hammer in fine condition can bring near $150.00.

Posts: 16013 | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$3104. Very specific number, right? My buddy says the guy knows what he has. I don’t think he will get that in this area unless a very specific collector walks in and then I’m sure the collector will want to talk him down some.

Posts: 3032 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a bit high based on what I've seen at collectors booths at various gun shows, especially since the finish is gone. But good luck to him. Pre-A1 1911's are less common than the A1's so maybe he'll get his price - or at least negotiate down to how much he really wants.

Posts: 1880 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet they were built to last!

I was born by the river,like the river I been running every since,I know a change gonna come.Sam Cooke

USMC RVN Veteran,
0311 grunt 68-69.

Posts: 205 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested to see what that pistol sells for because I have one of the same vintage in slightly better condition.

Posts: 6599 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
I'd be interested to see what that pistol sells for because I have one of the same vintage in slightly better condition.

As do I - bought it less than 2 months ago for half that price. Unless there’s some unique paperwork/proof of ownership he’s way overpriced.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6122 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:

As do I - bought it less than 2 months ago for half that price. Unless there’s some unique paperwork/proof of ownership he’s way overpriced.

That's about what I paid for mine, three or four years ago.

Posts: 6599 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post