SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    **LCP headed back to Ruger**Ruger LCP break-in period?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**LCP headed back to Ruger**Ruger LCP break-in period? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
No, I still get 2-3 FTF at the beginning of each mag.

quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Does the little pistol run reliably now, once you chamber the first round?

I also added the Hogue rubber Handall, which helps me to maintain a firm grip on this little guy, which is also crucial for correct functioning.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...for-ruger-lcp-rubber

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess that maybe a trip back to Ruger is called for.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree. Mine has been super reliable with everything from day one.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I agree. I will call them Monday. I really hope they don’t give me any grief. I know the times I’ve had to call glock it’s a crap shoot. Sometimes they’ll send me a mailing slip if I ask for it sometimes they won’t. I just want my little gun to work reliably.

I wonder if it’s gonna matter if I’m the original owner and how old it is.

quote:

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
IME, of there's a problem with a Ruger firearm, Ruger will fix it--no questions asked. However, I would not be surprised if they charge you if they determine you've been mucking with it.

My Mk. I was nearly impossible to separate barrel/receiver from frame. Then a gunsmith bitched a trigger job. (He'd warned me auto-loaders weren't his thing.) I sent it to Ruger and they fixed it. I don't recall them charging me. If they did, it was so little it wasn't noteworthy.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They were great on several of my pistols. NO charge for shipping, or repair. Top notch.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

They don't ask the first question at all. They will ask you for the serial number as a matter of course. This would only matter (single unbroken number vs. prefixed with a hyphen) to determine which "generation" it is. I had one that somehow managed to break a piece of the frame off. They gave me a whole new gun, the only cost being the FFL transfer.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am wondering if you are using S & B or WOLF ammo. The other day I took some S&B ammo to the range and it made my always reliable Bersa Thunder 380 choke and fail to feed. The little LCP is very reliable but needs decent quality ammo. It is common to experiment to find out what works in your pistol.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you. That sounds like great service!

quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

They don't ask the first question at all. They will ask you for the serial number as a matter of course. This would only matter (single unbroken number vs. prefixed with a hyphen) to determine which "generation" it is. I had one that somehow managed to break a piece of the frame off. They gave me a whole new gun, the only cost being the FFL transfer.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
No, I’m not using any of that ammo.

I have used monarch (academy’s brand) steel but everything else is brass 95 gr

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Walker:
I am wondering if you are using S & B or WOLF ammo. The other day I took some S&B ammo to the range and it made my always reliable Bersa Thunder 380 choke and fail to feed. The little LCP is very reliable but needs decent quality ammo. It is common to experiment to find out what works in your pistol.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
Yes, I have two mags and it does it with both.

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Have you you tried different magazines?
Then it sounds like the magazine is not getting “fully” inserted.
I have a Ruger Mark II, where I had installed a new grip. The magazines would insert and lock-in place, however the grip was preventing the magazine from being fully inserted.

The magazine was ~1/16” from full insertion and causing the same problems you are describing.

I took a Dremel to the grip where it was touching the magazine, and now it works fine.

Is there anything preventing “full” insertion of the magazine?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Well, she is headed back to Ruger. Gotta say, customer service was easy and top notch!

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I have confidence that Ruger will take care of any and all problems with your gun.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you. After speaking to the rep. I could tell that she did care and didn't just brush me off. We were getting the RMA info and I added that when I load the mag in the gun and the slide doesn't go forward, that it damages the rounds, she definitely acted like that changed something. I couldn't be happier with how knowledgeable and quick she was with everything.

quote:
I have confidence that Ruger will take care of any and all problems with your gun.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I own a first generation LCP and an LCP2. The earlier model has worked with virtually everything I've shot through it. The LCP2 had a problem with failures to feed and eject, that was corrected after I contacted Ruger and shipped it back for repair. Unfortunately, upon receipt, the little pistol's magazine couldn't be inserted fully unless I held down the magazine release button. I sent it back a second time and now everything works fine.

Note that both of these issues were immediately recognizable upon testing. These weren't problems that arose over time. Now that its working correctly, I prefer the LCP2 due to its enhanced trigger system and easily viewable sights.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
That really stinks that you had to send it back twice, although they ultimately fixed it. Do you know what they fixed the times you sent it back?

quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I own a first generation LCP and an LCP2. The earlier model has worked with virtually everything I've shot through it. The LCP2 had a problem with failures to feed and eject, that was corrected after I contacted Ruger and shipped it back for repair. Unfortunately, upon receipt, the little pistol's magazine couldn't be inserted fully unless I held down the magazine release button. I sent it back a second time and now everything works fine.

Note that both of these issues were immediately recognizable upon testing. These weren't problems that arose over time. Now that its working correctly, I prefer the LCP2 due to its enhanced trigger system and easily viewable sights.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I just spoke to Ruger and they have already checked and fixed my pistol. They said they replaced the slide assembly and barrel, tested lawman 95gr with 24 rounds with no malfunctions.
That was super fast! I was only calling to see if they would notify me when they were shipping it back and would provide a tracking number.

What great service!

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
That really stinks that you had to send it back twice, although they ultimately fixed it. Do you know what they fixed the times you sent it back?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pulicords:

I don't know what exactly the "fixes" were, only that Ruger remedied the issues promptly and I got the pistol back within a week or so after shipping it to them for repairs.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Ok. Gotcha

quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pulicords:

I don't know what exactly the "fixes" were, only that Ruger remedied the issues promptly and I got the pistol back within a week or so after shipping it to them for repairs.

posted Hide Post
I bought an LCP when they first came out (Sep 08) and it too would not go into battery. It went back to Ruger and still did not work. After a second trip to Ruger, in Feb 09 they sent me a new gun which is still ticking after 1000+ rounds.

I have two LCP Is in the safe for when the original breaks but it still works. I carry it often and fire the chambered round (XTP) plus two or three mags of FMJ every couple months.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post