SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    **LCP headed back to Ruger**Ruger LCP break-in period?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**LCP headed back to Ruger**Ruger LCP break-in period? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Obviously, I really hope mine is all fixed when I get it back. If not, I'll just call 'em back.

Posts: 3440 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Just got her back this afternoon. I took her out to the range. I loaded the mag in the gun and pulled back the slide. It acted like it wanted to stay back but didn’t. After that, no hiccups. I shot several mags of FMJ and was very pleased. Looks like she is ready for the saddle again.

Posts: 3440 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
That was a fast turnaround!

I would put a few hundred rounds through it before carrying. Did you put your SS recoil rod and 13# spring back in it? I would.

What did they do to it?

Posts: 13665 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Yes, I put those parts back in including my take down pin. They said they replaced the entire slide assembly and barrel.

M
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
That was a fast turnaround!

I would put a few hundred rounds through it before carrying. Did you put your SS recoil rod and 13# spring back in it? I would.

What did they do to it?

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
How is your LCP doing Benner?

Posts: 13665 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
I loaded the mag in the gun and pulled back the slide. It acted like it wanted to stay back but didn’t.

One word of advice with these tiny pocket pistols (all except Kahr) is you want to slingshot that slide HARD, like you're trying to hurt it. You won't and the round will chamber fully and you'll be good to go.

No babying it. Rack that sucker like you mean it.

Posts: 33540 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:

...I loaded the mag in the gun and pulled back the slide. It acted like it wanted to stay back but didn’t....

Mine sometimes does that. Maybe it's because the spring looks like it came out of retractable ball point pen. Smile

Posts: 15887 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Cooters and cowboy boots have a break-in period. Pistols should not.

Posts: 107171 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
And baseball gloves.

Posts: 32380 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My Les Baer 1911 .45ACP wadcutter came with instructions to break it in with 500 rounds. It was such a tight fit between slide and frame. Functioned just fine after that. I have close to 3K through it now.

posted Hide Post
My gen 1 was eaten fmj's, hp's with no issues. It's my pocket pistol during these hot Texas summers.

Posts: 86 | Location: Tx | Registered: July 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
And baseball gloves.
Cooters and catchers mitts. I like that.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
"Muffs and mitts" if you want something even snappier, while still maintaining the alliteration.

Posts: 32380 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The alliteration is key.

posted Hide Post
You guys are killing me here...LMAO

Posts: 910 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Labias and leather goods

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Cowhide and... see you next Tuesdays.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
So far so good. Thanks for asking. It feels like the trigger is totally different in a great way.

This thread is cracking me up!

quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
How is your LCP doing Benner?