SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    **LCP headed back to Ruger**Ruger LCP break-in period?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**LCP headed back to Ruger**Ruger LCP break-in period? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
Do these little guns have a break in period? In no certain pattern I’m getting failure to feeds with FMJ 95gr.

I did polish the feed ramp. The bullet case seems to be getting caught up on a ledge just below the feed ramp.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BennerP220,

Posts: 3440 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My Gen. 2 just ran.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25980 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My LCP has never had a hiccup and I've put a dozen or more brands of ammo through the sucker. Mine is pure stock and I haven't touched the feed ramp.

Posts: 910 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
May want to switch out to Wolff 11 or 13# recoil guide rod spring. My factory 9# was okay but it’s more authoritative with the 11# one.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
My Gen 1 from the first year of production has never had an issue, eats everything now at about 1500rds.

Only had the recall work and some refinishing for rusting by CCR, no other work.

Don't be afraid to call Ruger, it should run fine.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you've taken it apart and cleaned and oiled it, have put 200 rounds of quality ammo through it, and aren't limp wristing it. Send it back to Ruger.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Have you tried the SS recoil rod, and 13# spring?

Posts: 13665 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Might help but it shouldn't need anything.

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Might help but it shouldn't need anything.

It made mine 100% reliable, well worth it in my opinion.

Posts: 13665 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Yes, I have a stainless guide rod and 13# spring.

Posts: 3440 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
When I load a full mag and rack the slide, the slide does not go in to battery. It is not
Locked all the way back but like it is stuck on the top round.

Anyone heard of this?

posted Hide Post
That's not remotely right.

Ruger Customer Service

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, I have a stainless guide rod and 13# spring.
If you send it back to Ruger with those parts in it, they will take them out and put their parts in, along with the barrel you polished the feed ramp on. Put as many original parts back in it as you can. The gun should have been reliable to start with. With mine I find I have to hold onto it extra tight, not always easy when shooting one-handed and it only has room for two fingers.

Posts: 27777 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I will have to call them on Monday.

Good call on putting the OEM parts back in.

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Have you you tried different magazines?

Posts: 7414 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Mine never has worked completely reliably with round nose flat point bullets like the Winchester white box, but regular round nose FMJ have been GTG.

I bought a case of GECO FMJ and have about used it up in my unmodified LCP without any stoppages.

Posts: 26838 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have two mags and it does it with both.

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Have you you tried different magazines?

posted Hide Post
Did it run properly BEFORE the spring and guide rod change?

Posts: 17112 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
No, it did not.

quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Did it run properly BEFORE the spring and guide rod change?

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Does the little pistol run reliably now, once you chamber the first round?

I also added the Hogue rubber Handall, which helps me to maintain a firm grip on this little guy, which is also crucial for correct functioning.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...for-ruger-lcp-rubber