SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19 gen 2 find
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19 gen 2 find Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
my only loss was the shipping to glock, they hammered me on over night shipping for 90 bucks funny they want you to send it over night but the send it regular fedx makes no sense. they claim they don't want it in the system for very long Yeah o.k. Roll Eyes

just glad I didn't get stuck with it.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
I reinspected my 1994 manufacture Gen 2 G19 *very* closely and could find zero evidence of cracks starting, so I sent it to Glock this past Saturday for the preventative relief cut.

Just got an email from FedEx today that Glock has sent me a package using 2-day delivery. I'm assuming they would have contacted me had they declined to perform the work, so hopefully this means I'll have it back in my possession by Thursday.

Posts: 474 | Location: PA | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Did you tell them not to replace the frame with a gen 3 ?

Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Did you tell them not to replace the frame with a gen 3 ?

I didn't specifically tell them that, but based on what I've read, they would have had to call me to ask whether I wanted to wait for a matching serial number replacement frame, or if I wanted then to send a different serial frame right away to my FFL.

Posts: 474 | Location: PA | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
XLT, have you thought about getting someone to delete the finger grooves on a gen3 or gen4 and add stippling? That would solves your finger groove problems. I don't like finger groove either but have lived with them for so long now! One day I will send off one of my 19s and see how it turned out.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
David,

the finger groove thing isn't that big of a deal to me, I just wanted a gen 2 as another g19 to have a around. I just wasn't aware of the cracking issue until I picked it up. guess I should have researched it a little more.

Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
Got my Gen 2 back today, with the frame cut performed and a full frame parts rebuild for no charge (I sent them a mostly stripped frame, except for the mag release mechanism and slide lock... But they even replaced those parts while they were at it).

They received the gun Monday morning and had it back en route to me Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, and in my hands Thursday. Cost me $76 to ship overnight UPS with $500 insurance.