SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A new twist for some old Gen2 Glock 17s.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A new twist for some old Gen2 Glock 17s. Login/Join 
posted
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Got a call from one of local police stores. They took in 10 early Gen2 Glock 17s on trade. Then they ran into something they have never seen or I for that matter.

They have set screws underneath the takedown lever so no one could fieldstrip. The safety plunger and spring were also removed so they would reset without working the slide. Then the tip of the striker was ground off so nothing hits the primers. Then for the final and weirdest the ejector was ground off a hole drilled under the “crucifix” and a rod place through a longer spring so without removing the little rod you couldn’t take that apart or done to make it work better.

The only thing I can think of is they wanted red reset guns without buying red reset training guns.

Enjoy the mystery.....

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Wow. Seems like a lot of work for training guns. I do hope you are returning them to functional status.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to see the cost/benefit ratio for the company. They will make that call. The thing is there is a lot of the OG parts on/in them for the collectors of Glockies. If they go back to Glock those parts are gone.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
No kidding. Too bad this happened to them.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post