SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Need Help for P320 magazine Dimensions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Help for P320 magazine Dimensions Login/Join 
posted
Can't seem to find this information anywhere. What is the hight of the FULL SIZE magazine vs the COMPACT size mag for the p320?

This is the back story- I live in the Peoples Republic of NJ that limits magazines to 15 rnds. The X5 is a full size and cannot take the 15 round mag as it is too short. I already have four 15 rnd mags. I want to get the Springer 3/8" base pads (no additional capacity) and put them on the 15's to get them long enough to work in the gun.

Sound reasonable? I hope so. Not crazy about trying to get the 10 rnd as they are tough to get and will be twice as much.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
The 15 rounders will not work in a full sized 320, period, X5 or otherwise. You need the 17 or 21 rounders.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. For my information, why can't it? Even if the magwell is removed? (USPSA legal if no magwel)

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
All full sized and carry sized frames require the use of 17 round magazines. The compacts can use the 15 or 17 round magazines, and the subcompacts can use the 21, 17, or 15 round magazines.

The X5 magwel requires the use of the 21 round magazines. If you remove the magwell it will only allow for the use of the 17 rounders.

The bottom of the magazines have a flared portion which is what holds the baseplate on. there is no way around it...other than moving out of NJ so you can the correct magazines....Smile

If you still don't understand, remove the magwell from your frame, and the base plate from one of your 15 round magazines. Insert the magazine, it will become clear what the problem is.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok thanks. Just so all would know, I don't currently own an X5 yet so I can't test that for myself so I have to take your expertise on this. I'm just trying to problem solve before I get one so I can actually USE it here.

Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
If you guys are only limited to 15 rounders, I would not go the X series, full size, or carry models. You would be stuck with the 10 round magazines for any one of those versions.

Your best bet is going with the the compact then you will at least be able to use the 15 rounders.

You can only get 10 round restricted magazines or the original 17 and 21 round magazines for the full size, carry and x frame guns.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

posted Hide Post
My X5 is incoming to NJ. My FFL has a 'guy' (this is NJ after all) that will pin the X5 21rnd mags to 15rnds. I'm hoping to have him order (2) 21rnd mags from a full size and pin those as well. From research it appears I will need to trim some of the plastic off the extension on the bottom if I use the mag well.

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 31, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Aren't they coming out with some sort of X-Compact P320 in the near future?

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
will need to trim some of the plastic off the extension on the bottom if I use the mag well.

The 21rd mags have come with 2 different bases. The original 21rd base will not fit in the P320 X5 Magwell.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post