SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger MKIV Recall
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger MKIV Recall Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Damn you, Ruger. Not again with recall. Lucky I didn't join the beta testers, although I really wanted to get one.

Maybe they would have given you a hat. WooHoo! Roll Eyes

I never saw any reason to upgrade from my MkII Target.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormwalker
posted Hide Post
Received mine back today. It made it to Ruger July 6 and it was delivered back to me July 19 with a free magazine as promised. The only noticeable difference is that there is a visible white circle marked S when in the safe position. The letter returned with the firearm said that the white circle marked S signifies that the pistol is no longer subject to the recall.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stormwalker,

Posts: 544 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
You got to be shitting me... after I put in all the VQ parts and now they wanting me to take them all out...

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
This seems almost identical to the Remington 700 trigger issue. Wondering, does the Ruger design use a trigger connector like the Walker Fire Control system?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My is on recall and am waiting for a return time. So, I went and bought a new S&W model 41 Performance Center Pistol. Field stripped it to clean and lube. It will not go back together, currently awaiting repair at S&W. Thank God I have a Browning Buck Mark.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
MKIV seems like a sweet shooter, but I'm happy with my 'olskool MKIIs. Wink

Same here. Love my stainless Government Target Model with 6 7/8" barrel that my father-in-law gave me 25 years ago.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Mine was delivered to Ruger yesterday, so we'll see how long it takes to get it back.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I received my pistol grip frame back today and reassembled the Mark IV.

The trigger pull actually feels better after the recall work was performed. I am not saying the trigger pull is as good as with the VQ Accurizing Kit installed but, better than the original trigger pull. Has anyone else noticed this?

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting on my return box Frown

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Interesting I was looking at moving to a vi last week to get one with a threaded barrel now that my silencer came in, guess I'll have to check the SN if I do trade the Mk III

Dont let the recall dissuade from getting what might be the best 22 Ruger has produced yet.

Damn that black one is a sexy pistol

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybirdaccountant:

If its been a little while since you signed up I would call them. I signed up early and was waiting for 2 boxes so I called them and they did not have a name to my serial numbers. The gentleman on the phone told me this was happening to other people as well. I got my boxes a few days after calling.

Posts: 987 | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per FedEx, recalled Mark IV 22.45 Lite received by Ruger 07/05/17.

Per Ruger's email on 07/23/17, my Mark IV 22.45 Lite was received for recall work.

If it takes Ruger 18 days to advise they received, it, I will be curious to see how long it takes until I get it back repaired.

Methinks Ruger has a few glitches in this process.

Posts: 102 | Location: Mentor, OH | Registered: March 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
I am also in the mark ll camp.I have a few government target model 8 inch heavy barrel guns.All are wicked accurate.I am to ashamed to tell you what i paid and traded to get them.

If you read up on the target model,those guns are a step above the regular ruger 22 lr guns.But you guys know that.

I dropped in a vq parts kits on one mark ll.I get a dime accuracy at 30 feet,with any kind of ammo.I sure hope this post does not come out as me bragging.I do not want that.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
When I sent in my MKIII for adjustments, I had a few aftermarket items installed. The dealer told me that Ruger would put it back to "original" status. That was not the case. When I got my pistol back, Ruger kept my aftermarket items in the gun and did a really good trigger job on it! Go Ruger!!

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one of my mark IV frames back. Mailed in 7/21 received back 7/28. Ruger did a great job on turnaround time. Mine also had a tooling mark circle on the right side of trigger guard, which I have seen on several of these new pistols in the same area. Ruger fixed this or replaced grip frame with a new one as I cant really tell because mine was new unfired by me and I did not mark frame. Ruger also returned with a free magazine. Frame also has a S marked on safety showing recall work has been done. Ruger did a great job on the handling of mine. There may be a problem with mine still because if I put safety in between fire and safe the hammer will still fall and safety will move to fire position when I pull the trigger. My other one should be back soon and I will see if it does the same or not. Has anyone that received theirs back from Ruger do this ?

Posts: 987 | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Received mine back on the 27th. I'd call that awesome turnaround time.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
How long it taking to receive a box to ship it back? I did my recall on 7/21.. Thanks

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I submitted my info on 06/15. I called last Wednesday because I hadn't heard anything. The CS person told me they were just starting to contact the owners of pistols that submitted their info on 06/10.

Posts: 176 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to send mine back anyway. It misfeeds and often times won't hold open on the last round. This is using good quality ammo like Mini Mags. Never had these problems with my Mark 3. soon as I get it back fixed, I'm going to sell it and just shoot my Mk3. It's more accurate even though the trigger isn't as good.

22-45 Misfeed by Andrew King, on Flickr

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShootingSigs2:
quote:
Originally posted by jaybirdaccountant:

If its been a little while since you signed up I would call them. I signed up early and was waiting for 2 boxes so I called them and they did not have a name to my serial numbers. The gentleman on the phone told me this was happening to other people as well. I got my boxes a few days after calling.

Thanks for this. I'm still waiting on my box! it has been several weeks since I called.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post