SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone else get the notice about the Leupold DeltaPoint Micro red dot sight?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else get the notice about the Leupold DeltaPoint Micro red dot sight? Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
As I've said before, we're bound to see interesting advances in illuminated reticle optics for handguns:

https://www.leupold.com/leupol...the-deltapoint-micro

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love how low it sits. The battery hanging off the back might take some getting used to, but I can see why it has to be that way.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Looks like they could have made it even more compact if they had gone with a 1/3N battery.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
As an early step towards further innovation, I dig it. Compact, doesn't require a milled slide, fits many standard holsters, etc. The fact that it's low to the bore and more closely mimics a normal iron sight picture would probably lessen the transitional learning curve for iron sight shooters.

But as a functional red dot, I'm not sure I'd like it. I suspect the very small FOV and thick surround combined with the long tube/tunnel could cause some serious tunnel vision. (But that's just at first blush, without any experience with it.)

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
THat's gonna look good on my G43X/48/43

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pass.

I think the tiny window is going to negate much of the benefit of an optical sight and make the dot challenging to acquire with proper threat focus. It's also going to be harder to conceal.

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
What's the reliability of the delta point micro relative to the RMR? If similarly robust, I'm willing to give it a shot. I've got an RMR up and running, willing to try this on a second 19. But not sure where to buy.....?

Any cons that are being raised vs the RMR?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12712 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
quote:
ut as a functional red dot, I'm not sure I'd like it. I suspect the very small FOV and thick surround combined with the long tube/tunnel could cause some serious tunnel vision. (But that's just at first blush, without any experience with it.)

Also, I'm not confident in the mounting procedure. Unless I missed something, it looks like two set screws is what holds it onto the mounting plate that slides into the dovetail. Until I see some further testing, I'd prefer it actually bolted to the slide.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but that thing hanging over the rear of the slide looks ridiculous.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
The RDS would have to come off whenever you wanted to clean the slide internals I presume. What's typically more frequent: changing the battery (on the Trij) vs cleaning the internals? Need to re-zero after either event, right? Trij would be every year? Maybe 2 or 3? Deltapoint would be every 3000 rounds (not sure what's recommended)?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12712 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
The top corner of the slide is what prints most for me. Having it stick out and hang like that will amplify it.

Posts: 7420 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
$549...I'll take two

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The RDS would have to come off whenever you wanted to clean the slide internals I presume.

Yup; the access to the striker is through the back slide plate. It's also a design that won't work on a typical hammer fired pistol.

I dunno; I'd give it a try but the street price will be a key consideration. If this is really $550...it had better be as reliable as a RMR.

-MG

Posts: 1973 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
The RDS would have to come off whenever you wanted to clean the slide internals I presume. What's typically more frequent: changing the battery (on the Trij) vs cleaning the internals? Need to re-zero after either event, right? Trij would be every year? Maybe 2 or 3? Deltapoint would be every 3000 rounds (not sure what's recommended)?

It was literally just released so there is no data on durability.

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the out of the box thinking. One sight per manufacturer kind of sucks. A Glock one. An MP one. Eventually a Sig one etc.

I like it. I would try it. Not at 549 though, that’s friggin nuts. I'll try someone’s else’s though. Lol

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
That looks like a snag waiting to happen if you don't absolutely clear your cover garment.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the notice but it was so small, I could not read it.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
549? Nope! 249? Maybe. Gotta shoot it first.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It'll be interesting to hear how well that tube functions as a rear sight if the light's off. It'll also be interesting to hear if people who get one feel like they've got a peep sight on a semiauto handgun when the light's on.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That thing looks like Helen Keller herself designed it, and I’m not just talking about how fugly it is. What a waste of time, can’t wait to see these in the bargain bin of shit nobody wants at the gun store or be part of some bargain deal with Shitty low budget pistols at rural king where the fudds will be all over it

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post