SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p365 1st try
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p365 1st try Login/Join 
posted
1st time out with my p365. build date march 24 2018.I don't get alot of time to shoot .have had gun for several months.loaded 4 mags. had 1 FTF on last round of 1st mag.shot 44 rounds.here a pic. of what casings I could find. used freedom muntions 115gr. no complaints on the gun at this time.
P1000488 by scott shafer, on Flickr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: scottyboy,

Posts: 83 | Registered: December 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Any commentary?

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, what's your point? Did it function? Was it accurate? Did you like it? I see some of the primers have drag marks. What are you trying to say?

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
come on guys . I always have a tough time loading pics. so I do that 1st then.finish.give me a break.

posted Hide Post
Interesting that there is so much variation in the striker swipe. On many cases there is very little and on a few there is swipe right to the edge of the primer.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scottyboy:
come on guys . I always have a tough time loading pics. so I do that 1st then.finish.give me a break.

You posted a pic without any comments initially. And the tread title provided little info, other than it's 1st try with your P365. So, I asked a question. What's the problem? Wink

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Drag marks on the primers and the case head, with no seeming correlation between the two. Some have none, some have one or the other, some have both. Interesting.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

You posted a pic without any comments initially. And the tread title provided little info, other than it's 1st try with your P365. So, I asked a question. What's the problem? Wink

no problem.too many times i would do the text and couldn't get the pic. to load. so now i make sure the pic.loads then i edit and add the text.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
According to Phil Strader, those primer drags are normal, nothing to worry about. Or, was it Baghdad Bob speaking?

Q

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

too many times i would do the text and couldn't get the pic. to load. so now i make sure the pic.loads then i edit and add the text.

Your pic is HUGE. Maybe that's why?

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

too many times i would do the text and couldn't get the pic. to load. so now i make sure the pic.loads then i edit and add the text.

didn't know it was going to be so big.I think I don't load enough pics. and forget how .

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Drag marks on the primers and the case head, with no seeming correlation between the two. Some have none, some have one or the other, some have both. Interesting.

thought some might want to see the different hits.
not worried about 1 ftf on the 1st mag of a new gun.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
One popular function of a striker fired pistol is to keep the striker extended to preload the brass against the extractor to eject the empty round more efficiently. This is done mostly with the smaller pistols due to their size and architecture. I have a Galesi (among others) that works this way. It is in .25 ACP so I don't think it will take down a rhinoceros.

The picture thing can be tricky the first few times. Congrats on your new P365.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

now smaller.yea.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]

not worried about 1 ftf on the 1st mag of a new gun.

That would immediatley make me go from my normal 150 rounds FMJ, 50 round defensive to double that. Assuming this gun was being vetted for carry purposes. I ran 500+ through a VP9SK straigh out of the box, no cleaning, no lube and it was flawless.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't claim to be an expert but, to me those primers appear to have the appearance of high pressure. Don't look like any primers I get in normal course of fire. Specially, flattened primers with cratered striker marks would concern me.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I might make a suggestion, try shooting 124gr or 147 gr. ammo for several hundred rounds. It helps with the breakin.

Bill

Posts: 137 | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I took photo of 3 dozen of my first 100 shot cases.

There are 4 or 5 with primer drag marks similar to the OP; rest of them are normal full round indentations.

Zero failures of any kind in first 600+ rounds.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
I took photo of 3 dozen of my first 100 shot cases.

There are 4 or 5 with primer drag marks similar to the OP; rest of them are normal full round indentations.

Wow. Very different from mine. I'm up to ~1185 rounds, and almost all of mine show the swipe, regardless of which version of the striker was in the gun.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gwmac:
If I might make a suggestion, try shooting 124gr or 147 gr. ammo for several hundred rounds. It helps with the breakin.

will do. also going to clean and oil gun about every 100 rounds.its such a small gun it can't hurt.