SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p320 x vtac issues
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p320 x vtac issues Login/Join 
posted
I was so excited to get my new P320 XVTAC its a nice looking pistol and the sights looked great. I shot the XVTAC today and was very disappointed in its performance. I had already heard about the VTAC sights being low so was prepared for that, however was not prepared for the failure to feed issues with every magazine I shot at least one if not two failures. I broke it down and cleaned will shoot again this weekend hope for better results.

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 27, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
let someone else shoot it too.. If it still does it it may have to go back to Sig

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
Lube it up real good (I have been using G96 CLP with good results) and shoot some Winchester 9mm NATO, see if it still fails to feed.

If it feeds ok with the 9mm NATO, then it should feed lower powered ammo when the spring settles in.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This seems to be a common theme with NEW P320 full size pistols.
My P320F with OEM RSA (16lbs) did not like 115gr range ammo.

I switched to 124gr NATO ammo which helped a lot.
I also recommend getting rid of the OEM captured RSA and going to a 1911-style RSA.
I used the Gray Guns Fat Rod and the calibration spring kit from Nic Taylor.
Settled on the 13lb spring and my P320 is very happy.

This pistol is made for the 1911-style RSA.
After all, Legion ships this way and comes with both a 14lb and 12lb spring.

Note:
When doing your first few field strips, lock the slide back, push up on the exposed end of guide rod and then rotate takedown lever.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback shot it again this am every mag had one or two failure to feeds and even had to push the slide forward to get the round fully seated. I have shot glocks colt 1911 and smiths and never had this much trouble am going to call Sig CS on monday

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 27, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I have one of the earlier Vtac guns. When I first got it, ejection was very weak. No cycling problems, but it felt like right on the verge.

It definitely loosened up and the ejection is more than adequate. Gun cycles well with even powderpuff handloads.

I've got 1000s of rounds through it now and I don't recall any stoppages that I didn't deliberately induce or I could attribute to a reloaded round.

Only real issues I ever had were/are light strikes, but, based on other threads, I induced those myself by lubing the striker channel. Roll Eyes

Give it a few more rounds and see if it improves. That was my experience with it new.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
When did we stop expecting these to work right out of the box?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post