SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1st time shooting my p365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1st time shooting my p365 Login/Join 
posted
I finally got to a range today and shot my p365 for the first time. I found it difficult to grip it and keep it stable when I was attempting to set up the sights with my target. I'm going to have to grip this small pistol different than my bigger semiautomatic pistols.

Posts: 4 | Registered: February 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You might also try some traction grip tape. This helps me immensely when shooting my Glock G42.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warbird1
posted Hide Post
Tuff1 grip sleeves work great. Have one on mine and I have fairly long fingers.

If I want it... I need it !

Posts: 44 | Location: Heart of Dixie | Registered: May 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of radinski
posted Hide Post
I put a Hogue Handall grip sleeve on mine. I found that the backstrap was irritating the middle of my palm to the point of hurting. The grip sleeve fixed that and also makes for a more comfortable hold overall.

Posts: 272 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Talon Grips are great as well.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radinski:
I put a Hogue Handall grip sleeve on mine. I found that the backstrap was irritating the middle of my palm to the point of hurting. The grip sleeve fixed that and also makes for a more comfortable hold overall.

My experience as well. I'm a big fan of the Hogue Handall for the P365.

https://www.hogueinc.com/handg...sig-sauer-grips/p365

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I noticed a sharp edge at the bottom of the backstrap where it meets the sides that I am going to carefully Dremel smooth.

Best,
Ian

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action." - Ian Fleming

Posts: 547 | Location: MA | Registered: March 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I've been using rubber Talon grip applications on my P365 for over a year, as well as on other pistols. For me, they've worked fine. Others complain they don't last, but I think their longevity depends upon how well they are initially applied. If you follow the directions (as I've done), I think you'll really like these.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

My experience as well. I'm a big fan of the Hogue Handall for the P365.

https://www.hogueinc.com/handg...sig-sauer-grips/p365

Same here; Hogue Handall works well.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 796 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post