SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Changing EDC for season
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Changing EDC for season Login/Join 
Retired old fat motor cop
posted
Tomorrow’s October 1st, time to put my summer gun away (Sig 365) and go to my cool weather Gun, in this case a HK USPc 357. Why do I do this, a little bigger, I shoot it very well, I wear a bit more covering garments in fall and spring. And I can and want too.

Grab a coffee and discuss
SPG

I just noticed tomorrow is my 20th anniversary here

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Still the P365. End discussion. Big Grin

Btw, congratulations on your 20th. You've been on here too long. Time to move on. Razz

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I can easily conceal my P 320C, but the P365XL carries so very easy, I probably won't change a thing.

On another note, I've been here since 3/2010. Thank you all for sharing your Sig knowledge.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
No changes here for the season, only occasionally for attire.

Majority of the time, in jeans, shorts, etc: P320C IWB
Slacks/nicer attire: P11 pocket carry.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fortunately/unfortunately in Florida, it is summer all year round, so my carry really never changes but can understand a bigger/larger caliber gun in colder weather.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would often switch over to a full size 1911 or P220 in Fall, but given the current insanity, I will stay with my P250 .45 Compact. About the same weight but smaller footprint and a couple more bullets.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I used to change for season - Glock26 warm season, Glock 19 cold season.

It was because at the time, the G19 required more than a t-shirt to prevent from printing, but now that I've fine tuned my holster setup, I carry the G19 year-round.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Still the P365. End discussion. Big Grin

Btw, congratulations on your 20th. You've been on here too long. Time to move on. Razz

Same here..

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rushfan65
posted Hide Post
I just love these discussions, summer carry/winter carry. Just not quick enough today. Living in South Florida it's summer carry all year long, lol. P239 SAS 9mm for me.

Posts: 379 | Location: Margate, FL | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I’ve been pretty consistent throughout the years in carrying the same gun year round. It was the HK P2000, then the P2000SK, then the P938, and finally the P365. Due to the election and current state of the insurrection, I’m probably going to start carrying a Glock 19. I’ve been training and shooting with Glocks more than anything else and I am very confident with my abilities. I guess a few extra rounds doesn’t hurt either.

Posts: 2956 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I change by seasonal temperatures. When a long sleeve shirt or jacket is required, the .45acp replaces the 9mm.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Ever since we turned into Riotville, I’ve been carrying my Glock 30S with a spare magazine.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I have only had my P365 for about 6 weeks and I have been carrying it for about a month now after putting 100 rounds thru it without a single issue. Had to switch from my SP2022 in 9mm due to it was starting to wear on me.
I was planning to carry my SP2022 during the colder months but I like the 365 so much it is now my all around carry. Sometimes I forget its on my hip.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do.
Kahr K9 is now oiled and put away until next Summer.
CZ P10S is on the hip now and once the snow starts flying, it's the 19X.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Being able to easily go OWB with the 229 is a nice option.

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm boring. Also I value my brain cells, well what little I have left. So my G23 is a four seasons EDC gun. No further expenditure of said limited, somewhat precious brain cells trying to figure out seasonal alternatives.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in SWFL. Carry a 43 with a regular t shirt, 33 with a larger t shirt, 43x or 19 with a long sleeve button down shirt with change in weather. Spare mag of each in my center console. If "demonstrations" are possible Glock 19 with multiple big stick mags.
Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks!

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a P365 in the pocket if I'm out of the house, regardless of what else I might be carrying. My personal carry is generally (not always) a G32, inside the waistband.

It is easier seasonally to carry heavier or larger. I do carry a G26 on the ankle sometimes, and in the past have carried a G33 in the pocket, now largely replaced with the P365. A G43 in the pocket has been favored the past few years, when on the road.

A P320 in the waistband is sometimes the choice, too.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Still my 43x but I usually add a bigger gun when the weather gets cold. Not sure if it’s going to be my Glock 45 or Staccato C2.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
No seasonal change for me. I've been carrying a Beretta 92 compact all summer IWB & it'll stay that way over winter. That being said, I will switch to a small 380 or 38 special if the attire requires it.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post