SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Browning Buckmark UFX compared to Ruger Mark steel frame series - trigger reach?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Buckmark UFX compared to Ruger Mark steel frame series - trigger reach? Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
I own a Ruger Standard mid 70s vintage .22 pistol but for me the trigger reach is too short and because of that I don't really enjoy shooting it and don't shoot it much.

Can anyone comment from experience if the Browning Buckmark UFX frame pistols have more trigger reach? In particular I am considering the Buckmark Field Target or Hunter models.

Supposedly there are difference in frame sizes for the grip area for the Buckmark pistols with the UFX being the largest though I don't know if it impacts trigger reach. The link below from Rimfire Central provides the details with pictures. For whatever reason no one rents Browning Buckmark pistols around here. Thanks for any feedback.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com...wthread.php?t=656529

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grumpy1,

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Though i don't have an earlier MK pistol to compare with I have a new MK4 Target and a Buckmark Camper(UFX) with grips like the ones pictured on the website you referenced. If measured from where the web between my thumb and trigger finger fit on the frame the distances are only .020" different. The Buckmark feels better to me because the grips are thicker even though the measured reach is essentially the same.

Hope this helps, Greg

Posts: 250 | Location: SW,MI | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Thanks and yeas that is helpful information. Smile

I will have to stop in LGS also soon to handle some Buckmarks even though I can't dry fire one. I did try one out a few years ago at a factory shoot and liked it then though I can't remember what model. I am more fond of the grip angle of the Buckmark also.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the grip angle of Buckmark UFX. With a long trigger reach I bet you like CZs.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a browning buck mark with urx grips, I’m 6’3 with large hands and the buck marks trigger reach is perfect for me. I find the buck ark to be superior to the river in every aspect. Truglo front site bolts right on, durable, very accurate, great trigger. In comparison I find the trigger reach in a BHP way too short and it ends up on my second digit, not anywhere close to the pad of my trigger finger.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I like the grip angle of Buckmark UFX. With a long trigger reach I bet you like CZs.

I do have a CZ SP01 basic Shadow and like it a lot but wish the grip was a bit bigger but I do pretty good with it as is.

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I have a browning buck mark with urx grips, I’m 6’3 with large hands and the buck marks trigger reach is perfect for me. I find the buck ark to be superior to the river in every aspect. Truglo front site bolts right on, durable, very accurate, great trigger. In comparison I find the trigger reach in a BHP way too short and it ends up on my second digit, not anywhere close to the pad of my trigger finger.

Thanks for that info. Sounds very encouraging to me about the Buckmark. I found out a new gun range not too far from me has a Buckmark to rent so I will probably check out that range soon. Not too many new shooting ranges pop up around here as most towns politicians don't want them.