SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking For thoughts on CZ 75 Compact
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking For thoughts on CZ 75 Compact Login/Join 
Picture of Green Highlander
posted
Have a chance to pick up a nickel CZ 75 Compact. I don’t know anything about CZs except people seem to really like them. I do prefer compacts to full size pistols. The only full size ones I own are a couple P226s and a BDA 220. My P229 is my go to gun. What does the Forum think of the 75 Compact and what is a reasonable price? I am waiting for the guy to tell me how much he wants for it.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am bias but some of my first firearms were CZ. I was buying and shooting mainly Beretta and CZ until I got the Sig bug.

I had a CZ 75 compact in 2003ish and it was the only CZ I ever had a problem with. After hours and hours of work I finally took it back and bought my first Sig which was a brand new 228.

I love the CZ 75 and when my money situation resolves itself and I go back to work I want to get another one.

Depending on the condition, and since it is nickel I would jump on it. But like I said I am biased. If it was in brand new condition or like new condition I would pay about $500.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't speak to the compact, but I can speak to the full size cz 75B SA. I bought it used and put about 7,000 rounds through it with zero issues. It's one of my favorite guns. Well balanced, amazingly accurate, good recoil, good ergonomics, etc.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ75 D compact, decocker model with a steel frame. It's a good gun, and has been accurate and reliable. There are a couple of things I don't care for about it:

1. The grippable area if the slide is very narrow, because the rails are on the inside of the frame. Sometimes its hard to grasp the slide because if this.

2. The trigger reach is pretty long (and I have long fingers!), and the pull us so-so.

3. The chamber throat is very short, so the gun is kinda ammo-picky...if you reload, you're going to need to make sure you going to want to use bullets with a narrow ogive and seat them deep.

Like I said, it's a good gun. It just doesn't get carried or shot much because I have others I like better.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites. Hope it's a nice one. In this economy I have no idea on price.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buds is selling a version (PCR) right now for 560. I love that gun! I have 3. Angus at CZ KC or Cajun Gun Works can make them into fantastic pistols. Two of mime are Compact Custom L models, very awesome tuned up guns. A standard compact, however, is a damn good gun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fredward,

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My p01 is my carry gun now. The ergos are great for me and the gun is reliable and accurate.i have several full size CZ's that are great as well.

As far as other guns that I have carried-none really match up for my smallish hands. I haven't tried any of the newest guns yet. It's been at least two years since I've bought anything new and compact/subcompact.

AS far as price, the CZ's tend to show up in batches and then dry up for a while.The prices can be all over the place. Cajun Gun Works offers great work on a gun that you may decide to carry and depend on.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I have a CZ75 D compact, decocker model with a steel frame. It's a good gun, and has been accurate and reliable. There are a couple of things I don't care for about it:

1. The grippable area if the slide is very narrow, because the rails are on the inside of the frame. Sometimes its hard to grasp the slide because if this.

2. The trigger reach is pretty long (and I have long fingers!), and the pull us so-so.

3. The chamber throat is very short, so the gun is kinda ammo-picky...if you reload, you're going to need to make sure you going to want to use bullets with a narrow ogive and seat them deep.

Like I said, it's a good gun. It just doesn't get carried or shot much because I have others I like better.

I have two full size CZ 75s and yes they are short in the chamber about like my Barsto 9mm barrel for the 229.

They are my new 2nd favorite pistol wise to the 229. Once I replace the triggers and trigger return spring they will rise to the top. Like the lower axis and beaver tail and all steel construction.

What I tell my neighbor looking for a new pistol is that we can come up with a short list based on needs and attributes and then is a matter of shooting them. I will make sure there is one or two CZs in the short list.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
If it's a real nickel (satin) they are not making them any more. $5-600 seems about right, maybe a little more.

I have a 75b 40S&W in satin nickel and it's a great gun.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite of the older CZ’s. I have 2 P01’s and a PCR. They only really differ by rail and no rail. Fits my hand like a glove. Do yourself a favor and right after you buy it get a Kadet 22 conversion kit. Best conversion out there short of selling a kidney for one of those crazy expensive a Marvel things.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
If it's a real nickel (satin) they are not making them any more. $5-600 seems about right, maybe a little more.

Interesting do you like the 75 in 40 cal? I think if I had a 226 or CZ in 40 cal would like it better than in the 229. Now a Hi power 40 frame turned into a 357 sig or 75b in 357, hmmmm.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own CZ75 compact with the full dust cover. It’s a tact driver. I have replaced a few parts with CGW parts though. The stock trigger shape IMO is too damn aggressive, so that’s the first thing to go when I get a CZ. I like to compare it to one of P228s. The CZ is smaller and thinner, but in stock configuration it doesn’t have a better trigger then a plain Jane P228. That said I shoot my CZ Compact A LOT better than my P228’s. The CZ fits my hand better, the P228 is a little chunky IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by markstempski:
Interesting do you like the 75 in 40 cal? I think if I had a 226 or CZ in 40 cal would like it better than in the 229. Now a Hi power 40 frame turned into a 357 sig or 75b in 357, hmmmm.

I know you weren’t asking me, but just giving my feedback.
My 1st CZ was a SP-01 tactical in 40sw I bought to soak up the recoil of the 40sw round.
It’s the softest shooting 40 I own, soaks up recoil better than my P229 or P226. It really is a nice pistol to shoot even more so after you install a few Cajun gun work parts.
In MY hand I shoot my CZ’s undoubtably better than any sigs I own.

Rent one, see what happens...

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:

I love it. The steel construction soaks up recoil and it shoots softer by far, than the 226 in 40 I had. It's extremely accurate.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 75 Compact PCR (alloy frame) version and I love it. As others have said, the only down side to me is the narrow/short frame that makes it hard to grip and rack. I always use the slide release to initially load. Half the time I try to sling shot I get a nose dive.

Posts: 273 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a 2008 vintage CZP01 which is very nice shooter. The sights were very well regulated and the pistol shoots exactly to point of aim. The factory supplied a test target.

If you buy this pistol be aware that nickel plating involves application of a flash copper coat so that the nickel will adhere to the the steel. The use of Hoppes No9 Nitro solvent will frequently react with the copper, causing the nickel to flake off.This is true of other nitro solvents. The good news is that you can use Break Free CLP for great cleaning results and is completely safe for nickel.

To really scrub the bore you can use Hoppes Elite cleaner with good fitting bore brush. It will completely remove carbon and fouling from the bore. Note Hoppes Elite is a clear liquid and not like the Nitro solvent. The Elite is safe for nickel guns. Most of the time the CLP is just fine for cleaning the entire pistol and bore.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rappa
posted Hide Post
I had the all steel compact. Agree with what has already been posted and will add.

1. The sights are REALLY small! Even for good eyes!
2. It’s heavy for what it is (9mm, 14rd), but also shoots very well due to that.
3. Dead accurate!

Sold mine, but a CZ75 fullsize is on my list of “9mm everyone should own”.

Posts: 268 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have a 75b and a P01.
Both are amazing pistols and my wife has decided that the 75b is going to live on her nightstand.
If I ever find a 75 compact for a good price I'll definitely pick it up. The steel frame make them such a soft shooter.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goforbroke:
I own CZ75 compact with the full dust cover. It’s a tact driver. I have replaced a few parts with CGW parts though. The stock trigger shape IMO is too damn aggressive, so that’s the first thing to go when I get a CZ. I like to compare it to one of P228s. The CZ is smaller and thinner, but in stock configuration it doesn’t have a better trigger then a plain Jane P228. That said I shoot my CZ Compact A LOT better than my P228’s. The CZ fits my hand better, the P228 is a little chunky IMO.

quote:

I know you weren’t asking me, but just giving my feedback.
My 1st CZ was a SP-01 tactical in 40sw I bought to soak up the recoil of the 40sw round.
It’s the softest shooting 40 I own, soaks up recoil better than my P229 or P226. It really is a nice pistol to shoot even more so after you install a few Cajun gun work parts.
In MY hand I shoot my CZ’s undoubtably better than any sigs I own.

Rent one, see what happens...

Sir, that is what I was afraid of. I have a steel frame 229 and an alloy one guess which one I would rather shoot 40 out of? I replaced the sights on one of my CZs with fiber optics will likely do the same for the SP01. I shoot both of them better than I do my p226s though the Tacops 226 is close likely because of the beaver tail.

Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites. My current go to gun is a CZ 75d PCR alloy frame

Pro:
1. Excellent size to capacity ratio. While it only holds 14rds it’s almost exactly g19 sized but with much better ergonomics. I find it “svelter” that most other metal DA/SA
2) very accurate and reliable. While I agree the frame based rails makes the slide shorter took me very little to get use to it and that low bore axis feels and points nice. Reminds my of the HK P7 in how it points

Cons:
1) I think to really make a CZ worth it, it’s needs a little trigger work. That’s just my personal preference. So while the base model is pretty cheap, I thinks it’s best with aftermarket sights and some Cajun gun works trigger action
2) everyone loves the ergonomics from what I have seen. Not everyone likes the control set up. I have XL hands and find the trigger length excellent but the slide release is hard for me to reach and I can’t imagine how someone with small hand made would not have a problem with it.

It’s just so much svelter and better feeling in had to me compared to say a P229

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are very dependable. The only thing I would change is the sights, and lighten up the trigger.

Posts: 473 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post