SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    More mods to the CZ Shadow 2 and quality oil bottles!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More mods to the CZ Shadow 2 and quality oil bottles! Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
I've upgraded my CZ Shadow 2 in a few areas, SAO trigger, grip, springs etc.

Today I received some stronger safety detent springs from Mr. Perman whose webpage is DSPerman. He sells them in a 5 pack for $15 to your door. If you are more mechanically inclined or motivated you could probably find one to work in your local store. For my time, this worked well for me.

My primary Shadow 2 safety was okay in the click on and off department, but my backup is very mushy. I've not accidentally clicked it off, but it wasn't very reassuring, especially if I had to set it down on a table. Or a bucket for 3 gun where you get a DQ if your safety gets moved off safe.

The new spring is a tremendous improvement and there is now a definite snick as it's clicked on and off. I'll watch the wear on the detent but I don't expect it to wear that much faster and it's cheap enough to be a maintenance item if needed.

One other item that I picked up, not specific to the CZ, is some quality oil bottles from Precision Oiler Plus . I bought three bottles with the various tips included and two syringes that use the same style tip. I have cracked the lids on the bottles of the Slip2000 oils that I use and I wanted a smaller bottle for the bag. So far, they seal well and the small tips are much nicer than the factory Slip2000 bottle tips. They will not seal up being squished in a range bag probably, but many don't. I've got one each for the Slip2000, the EWL and the EWL30. Same for the syringe, it puts out a much finer controlled amount of grease. Very nice for adding a spot of grease to help hold the above mentioned spring and detent in place.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post