SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Discussion for those who prefer and carry pistols with manual safeties
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Discussion for those who prefer and carry pistols with manual safeties Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Please post a link to these videos.

I've never seen one. I've heard of several instances where manual safeties have save people from being shot (usually with their own gun), but I've never heard of anyone actually being killed because they couldn't get their gun off safety. So if you have links, please post them.

quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I've seen too many videos of people dying while they fiddle fuck their safety lever for the rest of their life. Should have had a Glock, might have survived. Too late, now you are dead. Chose the wrong gun.

I'd like to see these videos also please.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying TDA guns equipped with safeties for almost 30 years. Swiping it off on the draw is 2nd nature and it has never caused a problem.

IIRC, "Proffesionals" have been carrying 1911s for eons without getting killed. Wink

I've heard and read on the internet about "folks getting themselves killed" using a safety equipped handgun. But have yet to see any evidence backing up those stories. YMMV. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am torn between my P30SKs with ambi-safties/ decocker, and my S&W Shield 2.0 with it's trigger safety.

The H&K has a horrible DA trigger, decent SA and 10 rounds standard.

The S&W has 7 rounds standard, no thumb safety,but an excellent Apex trigger that's a joy to shoot.

I am more comfortable carrying the H&K for additional rounds/added safety features and routinely carry it "cocked and locked".

But the Shield has proven to be reliable and I trust it even though it does not have the HK's added safety features or extra capacity.

Choices, choices, choices.....Ford-Chevy, Red Heads/Brunettes..Revolvers/Semi-Automatics... Keeps life interesting.

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I've noticed that the requested links have not been forthcoming.

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Please post a link to these videos.

I've never seen one. I've heard of several instances where manual safeties have save people from being shot (usually with their own gun), but I've never heard of anyone actually being killed because they couldn't get their gun off safety. So if you have links, please post them.

quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I've seen too many videos of people dying while they fiddle fuck their safety lever for the rest of their life. Should have had a Glock, might have survived. Too late, now you are dead. Chose the wrong gun.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post