SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    OK...now after a few years...G43 or S&W Shield
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK...now after a few years...G43 or S&W Shield Login/Join 
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
To me the better comparison would be the PM9 vs G43.

The Shield is too large for what you get. I also never cared for the trigger and it just felt too narrow in my hand.

The G43 pushes the size limit for pocket carry whereas the PM9 \ CM9 is the best while still being a manageable shooter.

I'd go G43 only because I tend to short stroke the PM9 trigger when rapid firing. I need more consistent training with it.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to say neither. Much prefer my Walther PPS M2 to either one of those.

Posts: 180 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G43 here. Bought one for the wife, and put a Hogue slip on grip on it. It is a little blasty, but with that grip, very controllable. Will disappear- almost- in cargo shorts pocket. +2 mag extensions available.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
of the two 43 for me, that said I'd take a PPS over both; and further I'd wait a bit and get a 365 over all of them.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
I've had both and kept the G43. Not really a criticism of the Shield, I just have lots of Glocks and wanted to stay on the same platform.

Then when the Shield 45 came out I had to have one. Nice gun, but it's not replacing my G36. However, the Shield 45 has the manual safety and I'm pretty comfortable with it in a belly-band holster when I'm out trail running ...

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Between the shield and the G43, I vote for the G43. Better accuracy and trigger. I've shot both and own neither.

Like the others here I would take the PPS M2 over both. Better......everything. And many of our customers at the shop decide the same. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a shield in 9mm since 2012. It was a great shooter yet not as good as the M&P9C! I got rid of both since the M&P9C was not as good as HKp2000sk or the HKp30sk or the CZ rami D.
As for the Shield 9, I am more comfortable shooting and carrying the Sig P938.
I am not interested in the G43. The Sig P938 answers that.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If your looking at the G43 vs Shield (purposely excluding the P365), and people are throwing the PPS M2 into the mix, why not toss the Ruger LC9s in there also. Very similar and generally well regarded.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post