SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do we as civilian shooters judge firearms through civilian eyes?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do we as civilian shooters judge firearms through civilian eyes? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Like I said earlier (as have others), the US Army could have bought a handgun off the shelf from any major manufacturer and had a winner. Any manufacturer.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I think I understand the intent cslinger even though your start threading count is tops so far 2018 in pistols Big Grin

HK has a place in my rotation simply down to their trigger guard. HK and CZ seem to understand that those of us that carry, like their own Czech and German Police Departments, 24/7, need the pistol to accept a gloved hand into that trigger guard for winter use. So military or LE use does have its’ weight. Try your timer in the dead of winter with thick gloves. Your timer will suffer terribly. Only a few pistols on the market factor in things like this. LE in northern environments do have my attention.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Civilians have better choices. The individual member of the military does not. A civilian can pick their own gun, a member of the military cannot. The military, as a whole, will sometimes spec some seemingly weird absolute must haves, that may not be necessary, to meet some higher ups thought of what a sidearm should have. Sometimes they work out OK, sometimes they get in the way or cause problems down the road. Civilians can avoid that. Do civilians view things from a different perspective?, Yes, absolutely, they have freedom of individual choice, the military does not. The OP seems to be missing the target, somewhat. The benefits of long term military use of a particular model, is that civilians can know a lot of the kinks have been ironed out, versus some new model arriving on the scene. The military difference over civilian views is simply the military want to make the gun what they spec, whether it was initially designed with it, or not. Civilians can only achieve that with full on custom work. Otherwise, the functionability viewpoint is the same - both want a reliable firearm that works.

Posts: 166 | Registered: September 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post