SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Steyr L9A1 first range trip
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steyr L9A1 first range trip Login/Join 
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I came across some new factory 15 round flush fit mags for $19.99. They shave a bit off the profile of the gun and are much cheaper than factory 17 rounders. They are only cut on one side though so lefties beware. Search for PH Brass and Bullets on Gunbroker. Shipping was really quick.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve bought four of these so far and they can’t be beat for the money. I’m tempted to buy a couple more!

Posts: 303 | Location: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: January 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Another 350 rounds through the L9-A1 today.

The Steyr had a failure to return to battery on rounds 257 and 265 with the Magtech 124 load. The slide was JUST shy of being all the way forward. None of the other rounds (other ammo was WW NATO 124) had any issues. I had no BTF or anything close to BTF.

This gun was very easy to shoot weak handed and I find that trianglular front sight to be almost like an ACOG chevron: point and shoot. I'd love to try one of these with traditional sights for comparison sake.

posted Hide Post
I put Truglo TFX pro’s on my L40-A1 last week, and it’s wonderful to shoot now. Those trapezoid sights were not my cup of tea.

I put another 150 rounds through mine last week and had three light primer strikes. Didn’t have any issues with the first 600 rounds through it. I’m guessing Remington UMC ammo might have hard primers. Need to do some more testing. I really do enjoy shooting 40sw in this platform.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RUT:
I’ve bought four of these so far and they can’t be beat for the money. I’m tempted to buy a couple more!

Have you tried the S9-A1? I’m curious about that one...