SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    It's HERE! - New P365 [UPDATE: Going Laser]
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's HERE! - New P365 [UPDATE: Going Laser] Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
It's been a while since I posted anything about guns in general, or SIGs in particular, so I confess that I was delighted when I received a call today from my FFL informing me that my new SIG P365 had arrived! I've been eyeballing them for a while, and reading about the problem shakeouts, and mentioned this to my FFL. He agreed they'd had issues, but "they've ironed them out, and now it's our most popular gun."

My range time has dropped off. With my new P365, I hope to turn that around, and my hope is to replace my P938 as my EDC.

I feel like a kid a Christmas.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fpuhan,

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Congrats on your new P365. I hope to have one someday, but recently got distracted by a P226. Big Grin

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Everyone who I let shoot mine has been impressed. Most have bought one of their own, if not two! Enjoy!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your new Sig.

Many here know, I am a diehard Classic Sig fan.

My Son bought a 365 last year. I shot it at Christmas and I gotta' tell ya', I was very impressed. IMO, it is an amazing package.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as others here have enjoyed theirs.

Sig has really done a great job with the 365, IMO.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'm picking up my new P365 from my FFL tomorrow. It shipped only with the 10-round magazine, and I'm definitely going to want both 12- and a 15-round magazines, if for nothing else than range work.

Most sites I've looked at have them, and the price is always within about $.50 of each other.

Is there a bargain on mags somewhere? I'd like to stay with original SIG.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I'm picking up my new P365 from my FFL tomorrow. It shipped only with the 10-round magazine, and I'm definitely going to want both 12- and a 15-round magazines, if for nothing else than range work.

Most sites I've looked at have them, and the price is always within about $.50 of each other.

Is there a bargain on mags somewhere? I'd like to stay with original SIG.

I think the cheapest I've seen was Ebay $34 shipped.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RH45:
I think the cheapest I've seen was Ebay $34 shipped.

Thanks. I broke down and ordered both a 12- and a 15-round genuine SIG magazines from PSA. I have an account with them, so it was a snap.

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
So I picked up the P365 from my LGS, and dropped off two pistols for sale on consignment: an Honor Defense Honor Guard, and a SIG P290RS. I grew to dislike the triggers on both, so now it's one in and two out. I did handle a Glock 43 and 43X while I was there, and they too, feel good in my hand. Anyone fired a Springfield Hellcat yet? The guy at the LGS says they're so hard to find right now that people are paying nearly twice the MSRP for them!

I took the P365 home, cleaned it, gave it some tw25b, and went to the range (btw, it's so much easier to take down than the P938! I'm glad SIG has seen fit to give us less frustration in this regard). It was pretty wet, but I put 100 rounds of Blazer Brass aluminum case "junk ammo" through it without a single hiccup. I like the trigger, it fits my Sticky holster perfectly, and after the second cleaning is in line to become my EDC. I do need to work with it more, as most of my shots were to the left of center (having new glasses -- progressive lenses no less -- didn't help). There was a new RSO there, and he was very helpful, seeing me shoot off center. We spoke afterwards; he didn't know about the P365, and was amazed to learn it was a 9mm with a 10+1 capacity.

posted Hide Post
Congrats on your P365. Been a Glock guy most of my shooting life, that is until the P365 came out. Even though I had to send it back to Sig 2 times for repairs it is such a great package of size and capacity, it is my EDC. My G43 and G43x reside in the safe.

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Welcome to the club.

Mine's become my EDC also, which is why I bought it. I always carry the 15 round mag on my belt as a spare, use the 10 rnd mag when pocket carrying, and use the 12 rnd mag when I carry it OWB.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great gun. Let us know how you do with it.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I have decided to try going the laser route again. I have found with my increasingly poor eyesight, trying to shoot with progressive lenses while holding a micro-compact pistol is an exercise in frustration. So, I have ordered an ArmaLaser TR27G (green) laser for my new P365.

While I'm waiting for it, and the 1,000 rounds of ammo I ordered to break it in, I decided to re-attach the Crimson Trace laser to my P938. In order to do so, I had to remove the Hogue grips I had put on it and replace them with the original grips. I had to buy a new battery (fortunately, I have a Batteries & Bulbs nearby, so finding a 1/3N was a piece of cake) and within ten minutes, my P938 was so-equipped. It even fits my Sticky holster perfectly!

I used to be wary of packing too much bulk in a CCW, but I'm older and wiser now (and I care even less what other people think of me), and I feel like shooting accurately shouldn't be as much work as it's become, so unless the lasers are a total flop, I'll be lighted and sighted at the same time!

posted Hide Post
My P365 replaced a G43X. It is smaller, 12+1, and I am more accurate with it. It was really no contest once I got used to the small size. I've had it at the range three times now, maybe 450-500 rounds downrange of mixed FMJ and JHP with zero issues.

Posts: 127 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post